+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is playing

I think both Mariotta and Bridgewater are good prospects and likely the choice between the 2 will come down to intelligence tests and interviews, stuff we don't get to see. However, if a team needed a QB right now, I would say Teddy B. If the team had time to develop him, I would go with Mariota.

Mariota is brilliant for his age. People forget, he is young....VERY young. He'll be 20 in a couple weeks.

They are both good prospects tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think both Mariotta and Bridgewater are good prospects and likely the choice between the 2 will come down to intelligence tests and interviews, stuff we don't get to see. However, if a team needed a QB right now, I would say Teddy B. If the team had time to develop him, I would go with Mariota.

Mariota is brilliant for his age. People forget, he is young....VERY young. He'll be 20 in a couple weeks.

They are both good prospects tho.
    I dont think People realize how big he is also. The kids 6ft 4in 211lbs at 19yrs old as you said.. Hes all ready the complete package and hes still learning. The kid all ready has a very high IQ, and for people who are sick of INT's around here, Mariota has only thrown 6picks(none this yr) to his 40plus TD passes in 2yrs of starting.

Giants would lose the coin flip to if the went 0-16 and tied the Jags for the first overall pick.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Hmm.... Would that make them 0-17 I wonder?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Giants would lose the coin flip to if the went 0-16 and tied the Jags for the first overall pick.
    if we let Eli do the coin toss, it would get intercepted.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    if we let Eli do the coin toss, it would get intercepted.
    and returned for a TD

Veteran
    I hope there is a healthy debate within the giants org about this. You dont often draft top 5 and there arent often 2 QBs worthy of that draft status. That said, right now I think unless our hand is forced, we wont draft a qb. To clarify, say we pick 6th, bridgewater clowney barr roby and matthews are taken. Then youre left with watkins lee evans (3 wrs) or mariota. If nicks is resigned, I feel like they have to draft mariota, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I hope there is a healthy debate within the giants org about this. You dont often draft top 5 and there arent often 2 QBs worthy of that draft status. That said, right now I think unless our hand is forced, we wont draft a qb. To clarify, say we pick 6th, bridgewater clowney barr roby and matthews are taken. Then youre left with watkins lee evans (3 wrs) or mariota. If nicks is resigned, I feel like they have to draft mariota, no?
    If they take Mariota, it'll be because they wanted him, not because they had to "settle" at 6. In this situation with top level defensive players gone, I imagine a tackle would be taken. In this unlikely circumstance, I then wouldn't mind trading back for the second tier of defensive playmakers with Clinton Dix, Mosley, etc., but only if the top defensive players all fly off the board.

The only way I could see the Giants drafting a QB even at #1 would be if we let Coughlin go and the new coach wants to get his new QB right now. Eli will be our QB next year, make no mistake about it, but the new coach if he is in love with Bridgewater could draft him,and let him sit behind Eli and mature, and wait for our OL to be a solid bunch again so we dont David Carr the poor kid. I dont see it happening though.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    If they take Mariota, it'll be because they wanted him, not because they had to "settle" at 6. In this situation with top level defensive players gone, I imagine a tackle would be taken. In this unlikely circumstance, I then wouldn't mind trading back for the second tier of defensive playmakers with Clinton Dix, Mosley, etc., but only if the top defensive players all fly off the board.
    What I mean is, I think qb is not their top concern....pass rusher or cover guy is what they'll covet early on and if neither of those are available, since they are drafting high then it makes sense to take a qb because it doesn't, well shouldn't happen often for this organization....drafting in the top 5-10

+ Reply to Thread