+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    this is just a hard fought ganme
    Bridgewater and Louisville offense was completely diffrent then the 1st half is what i'm saying. They rarley seem to put 2 dominant halves together, for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Bridgewater is playing C.FLA tonight on ESPN. He looks good, but UCF defense is soft as butter. They getting pushed around early in this one. Clear diffrence in strength and talent with C.FLA defense and LOUISVILLE offense..
    UCF was actually top 25 in scoring defense before the game for whatever thats worth which is nothing I guess

At least Charlie Strong can stop getting upset when broadcasters say his team shouldnt be in the National Championship game even if they go undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Bridgewater and Louisville offense was completely diffrent then the 1st half is what i'm saying. They rarley seem to put 2 dominant halves together, for what ever reason.
    They arent very good thats why, They just have a really easy schedule

Bridgewater isn't even a 1st round pick huh Mike Mayock?

Still don't know why TB was done so dirty pre-draft. He was the best QB in the class and it wasn't even close imo. Great showing for him today.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post

Still don't know why TB was done so dirty pre-draft. He was the best QB in the class and it wasn't even close imo. Great showing for him today.
    I never doubted his skillset. But there were 2 major knocks on him around the combine time:

1) his hands are very small for an NFL QB. This seems like a minor point but smaller hands QBs do tend to fumble more and often struggle in poor weather condition games. However, since he was drafted by Minnesota, who plays in a dome, this point doesnt matter so much.

The 2nd negative is the 1 major worry i had and that is his slight frame. There were reports that scouts after the season were reminded of RG3's slight frame when they saw Teddy. Many felt he would be injury prone in the NFL. While he did play well on the field yesterday, he also left the field injured. We'll have to see if this is an ongoing thing with him but it could be that the scouts were right about him too.

I've heard a lot of reports which I still questioned. His frame seemed to be the biggest one which I'm still unsure about at least enough for him to take a fall that far and still go after Manziel.

I've also heard polar reviews of his personality. Not so much of a negative character concern that may get in trouble, but more of questioning whether he had that maturity and leadership mentality to run an NFL team. I may have bought that if he wasn't so poised in the pocket.

One game ....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I never doubted his skillset. But there were 2 major knocks on him around the combine time:

1) his hands are very small for an NFL QB. This seems like a minor point but smaller hands QBs do tend to fumble more and often struggle in poor weather condition games. However, since he was drafted by Minnesota, who plays in a dome, this point doesn't matter so much.

The 2nd negative is the 1 major worry i had and that is his slight frame. There were reports that scouts after the season were reminded of RG3's slight frame when they saw Teddy. Many felt he would be injury prone in the NFL. While he did play well on the field yesterday, he also left the field injured. We'll have to see if this is an ongoing thing with him but it could be that the scouts were right about him too.
    He did gain weight pre-draft though. He was around 200 lbs at Louisville and arrived at the combine at 215. Sam Bradford had the same concerns regarding his weight coming to the pro's and squashed them by adding weight similarly. Although looking at Bradford's injury now, it may not be a good example.

Teddy had the bad pro day throwing without the gloves which is where I feel the judgement's were made way too harsh. They picked him to pieces after that and disregarded what the guy has done on the field which is the exact opposite of what Mayock uses to pump up other players who have bad workouts. Mayock: "Just put on the tape." Yeah right... Mayock did the same thing with Cam Newton while he goes out of the woodwork to praise guys like Blaine Gabbert. It's freaking annoying and his rap gets old. He's good at eyeing talent at DB, but awful when it comes to QB's.

Anyone in their right mind can see that Teddy's pocket presence, poise and decision making is special.

He did gain weight pre-draft though. He was around 200 lbs at Louisville and arrived at the combine at 215. Sam Bradford had the same concerns regarding his weight coming to the pro's and squashed them by adding weight similarly. Although looking at Bradford's injury now, it may not be a good example.

Teddy had the bad pro day throwing without the gloves which is where I feel the judgement's were made way too harsh. They picked him to pieces after that and disregarded what the guy has done on the field which is the exact opposite of what Mayock uses to pump up other players who have bad workouts. Mayock: "Just put on the tape." Yeah right... Mayock did the same thing with Cam Newton while he goes out of the woodwork to praise guys like Blaine Gabbert. It's freaking annoying and his rap gets old. He's good at eyeing talent at DB, but awful when it comes to QB's.

Anyone in their right mind can see that Teddy's pocket presence, poise and decision making is special.
    I am not really gonna defend Mayock, as it is his opinion not mine. Many have noted that in recent years he is more of a commentator than he is a draft guy now and he even says he doesnt get to put the same amount of time into it as he used to.

As to the "gloves" issue. That tied in with the hand size issue reported at the combine.

Furthermore, as to his adding weight, that really doesnt matter. Weight and frame are different. You can add all the muscle you want but if you have a slight frame you are going to be considered a durability risk. I know when RG3 came out Redeye and I both noted that the kid had sticks for legs and his frame looked very small. As it turns out, our concerns were correct. Bridgewater is similarly built with small legs. It may not matter, he may end up playing a long career. But, scouting is about playing the percentages and Mobile Qbs with slight frames and skinny legs are definitely a risk.

That said, Bridgewater was easily the most pro ready QB to come out. However, quietly Bortles in Jacksonville is also looking decent, though he plays for a terrible team. I can defintely say those are the ONLY 2 guys who came out who I thought deserved 1st round consideration. Coincedentally, they both had smaller than ideal hand size.