+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants in Playoffs and WFAN continues to focus on Jets

This is getting ridiculous. All this station does 90% of the time is talk about the Jets. Even when the Giants make the playoffs. I can't stand it anymore.

Re: Giants in Playoffs and WFAN continues to focus on Jets

Yea it sucks. The local fans need to do something about it.

Steinbrenner was working on setting up a YES radio station before he died (and presumably Giants fans would flock there).

Be thankful WFAN is at least still talking about football -- for 4 out of 5 days in the week before our last Super Bowl they were talking about the Mets starting rotation.

We need a Yankee-Giant centric radio station in NY.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

what do you expect?

Morning guys - Obnoxious Jet fan who HATES the Giants & a former Jet

Mid Day - Two Jet fans

Afternoon - No team alliance now that Parcells has retired, but HATES the Jets.

it's embarrassing how overlooked the team is on ny sports radio

Veteran

[quote user="Strife21"]This is getting ridiculous. All this station does 90% of the time is talk about the Jets. Even when the Giants make the playoffs. I can't stand it anymore.[/quote]

I actually prefer it. Takes the negative media pressure they'd getoff of them. If the Jets had nothing interesting going on with them, the media would be talking all day long about how the Giants are notorious for playoff one and dones under Coughlin and have never won a home playoff game with Coughlin. They'd be saying the Giants defense has to prove they're back and for real considering how bad they have been all year long. They'd say they just have too many injuries in the back end of the defense to step up in a big playoff game against a Gonzalez, Jones and Whiteas well as suspect LB'ers. They'd fear that the Giants pass rush agianst Ryan and run defense against Turnerwill be stuffed against an O-line that is leaps and bounds better than the Jets and Cowboys.They'd say that Eli still hasn't put up a solid QB'ing performance in the playoffs at home. They'd say this is Cruz's and Nicks'first playoff game and it is unrealistic to think they'll do anything likethey've done in the regular season. They'd say they have no threat at TE with a gimpy inexperienced Ballard. They'd say the running game is dead last and have zero chance of denting the Atlanta run defense. They'd say Diehl and/or K-Mac along with anyone who'd help chip cannot handle Abraham. And on and on and on...

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="Sundown"]Yea it sucks. The local fans need to do something about it.[/quote]

Nope....leave it as is......this team performs best flying under the radar......

I also seem to remember a particular sports news station predicting a Eagles/Jets SB........tells you all you need to know about the media....

NY ESPN radio the Michael Kay show is beyond ridiculous

Kay just sits their drooling from the side of the mouth after his team was ousted, and his fatso HC cried......his hatred of the Giants is Visceral.....poor Don LaGrecca has to go along with the farce......1st we have to listen to 5 weeks of non stop Pedeophile talk .....now this.

They are all in the 8 stages of grief.....have not gotten through #1 yet

I think the Giants need to buy a station or join the YES Network.......We are the Primo team in the NYC area and get absolutely no air time

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]what do you expect?

Morning guys - Obnoxious Jet fan who HATES the Giants & a former Jet

Mid Day - Two Jet fans

Afternoon - No team alliance now that Parcells has retired, but HATES the Jets.

it's embarrassing how overlooked the team is on ny sports radio

[/quote]

There it is.

[quote user="Strife21"]This is getting ridiculous. All this station does 90% of the time is talk about the Jets. Even when the Giants make the playoffs. I can't stand it anymore.[/quote]

WFAN is horrible and has been for quite awhile when it comes to football.

I prefer ESPN (tells you how bad the FAN is).
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="BParcells777"]NY ESPN radio the Michael Kay show is beyond ridiculous

Kay just sits their drooling from the side of the mouth after his team was ousted, and his fatso HC cried......his hatred of the Giants is Visceral.....poor Don LaGrecca has to go along with the farce......1st we have to listen to 5 weeks of non stop Pedeophile talk .....now this.

They are all in the 8 stages of grief.....have not gotten through #1 yet

I think the Giants need to buy a station or join the YES Network.......We are the Primo team in the NYC area and get absolutely no air time
    [/quote]

Kay is a shill for who ever writes his checks. He is the same with the Yankees (I'm a Yankee fan). I first noticed this when the Jets were going to their first AFC Champ game. Every week he would find a reason why the Jets were going to win, even though they were dogs in the game. The year before he would NEVER pick the Giants to win any of their playoff games. He always focused on why they would lose (and he was 0-4 in his picks). It's only gotten worse since then. It's widely known the Jets and 1050 are very buddy buddy (besides being Home Of The Jets of course). So I am sure Kay goes over the top in his biased Jet comments because of $$$$