+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I hope I'm wrong but . . . . .

I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg.

Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg.

Anyone else feel the same way???

Re: I hope I'm wrong but . . . . .

no

It's going to be a tough game, no doubt.

When I have bad feelings, they do well and win.
    When I have good feelings, they do bad and lose.

This weekend, I have a bad feeling.

Yeah, alot of media pundits are playing up the gmen, comparing them ALOT to the 07 team, and aren't giving the falcons their due. ATL is a very good team, and this will not be an easy game.

The team needs to keep their heads on straight and remember that losing streak.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg.

Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg.

Anyone else feel the same way???[/quote]

Totally ... which is why I'm praying for hail.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way???[/quote]

you come up with this on your own or did you hear Carton say this on his show this morning. He said exactly what you are saying about being satisfied with the last two wins. Enough so that they are too high on themsleves...

All the team has to do is look at the 7 losses they had and HOW they lost......

4 of those losses were due to lack luster and flat performances...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg.

You complained openly and often about the way the Giants D has stunk up the field this year......they play the two most complete games in 3 years back to back weeks, in games they HAD to win to make the playoffs, and now thats not good enough for you either?
    You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!

**** the Falcons, let's do this!

I get where you are coming from. They rolled over for the putrid Seahawks, Philly (minus Vick), and Washington twice.

What I am hanging my hat on is that the defense has finally arrived...at least for the last two games.

I usually look to Eli to try to get the teams temperature and I the way I read him is supremely confident soI think we'll be ok.

The team hasn't been a the playoffs in a while, they haven't won in the playoffs in an even longer while and I think they'll be ready to go.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.