+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ramses barden

Bench Player

ramses barden

Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.

Re: ramses barden

Did you see him against the Jets? He was horrible. He has been injury prone and has done almost nothing when he has played.

[quote user="eli2cruz"]Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.[/quote]

if all you needed was height as an NFL WR then the league would be overflowing with talent.

He is not getting playing time because he doesnt understand what to do in this offense. He is not where he should be when he should be. The fact that Ballard was inactive and Barden was too during the Dallas game says it all. He is not ready and may never be for the NYG....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player

But the guy is 6'6 man ! Why couldn't we just line him up on the outside while were in the redzone and throw him a fade, against a team like the falcons who all of their corners are 5-10 or smaller. I mean he went like 32 consecutive games in college catching a TD so I'm sure he's exploited a couple cornerbacks size before.

Ramses Barden is garbage.

Its like some people want this guy to be good so bad that if he makes 1 catch they'll cream themselves over it.

The guy is 6'6 for nothin. He waits for the ball allowing defenders an opportunity to break up the play.

He doesn't consistently elevate to compete for the ball in the air

He has questionable hands

He's afraid to go over the middle.

Time to look at another option.

Especially if Manningham is gone.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="eli2cruz"]Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.[/quote]

I agree with other posters that Ramses still has a long way to go, but I think the simplest answer to your question of "why don't you ever this guy in games" is quite frankly, because we don't need him.

-A fade to Ramses on a goal line play is not nearly as effective as the back shoulder toss to Nicks.

-Underneath stuff is better going to Cruz.

-Deep balls are better for Nicks, Manningham or Cruz.

-Ballard is a nice option on short yardage and deep outs/ins.

-Hynoski is coming around as a threat out of the backfield.

-And of course we still have the versatility of Bradshaw.

So it's pretty simple. We don't need him right now. Maybe we will somewhere down the road, but right now we have plenty of weapons. And with him still learning the game and being, in my opinion, tremendously slow when he gets the ball, why give it to him?
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

All-Pro

ah yes, i call this the 6'5 and over rule

any WR we'd ever had on our roster over 6'5" was an automatic TD waiting to happen, but not for our bumbling coaching staff

i hope Ramses turns into a player, but the clock is ticking and the early returns are not positive ... too many injuries ... too little production ... i'm hoping he's not a tall version Sinorice Moss

[quote user="eli2cruz"]But the guy is 6'6 man ! Why couldn't we just line him up on the outside while were in the redzone and throw him a fade, against a team like the falcons who all of their corners are 5-10 or smaller. I mean he went like 32 consecutive games in college catching a TD so I'm sure he's exploited a couple cornerbacks size before.[/quote]

thats why I said" if height was the only thing that mattered" man!!! Look....he hasnt shown ****. You cant catch a fade if you cant run the route or go up properly. In his div in college is nothing compared to the NFL....

He is either being coached wrong or he cant figure it out and judging from the success of the rest of the receiving core I would say the problem is his....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

He was a raw project coming out of college and so far he has not panned out.

Veteran

Last poster said it best - There are only so many balls to go around and right now there are far better options in Hakeem Cruz Ballard Hynoski Mario and even Thomas.

Heres why you dont just exploit 66 on 5'11 - Hakeem has sick hands (despite some drops this year) and runs a very nice fade or flag route and eli knows exactly where to put it for him to go up and make a play - thats how you expoloit a D - not just cause your tall - often when that happens balls get picked b/c a guy isn't in the right position - we saw this early in the year when mario crossed up Eli on a fade.

Barden still may get a chance - its just not now.