+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shaun O’Hara: Current New York Giants Defensive Line Better than 2007 Version

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/05/...-2007-version/

Surprising...I mean its not like that's what he was "supposed" to say.

Re: Shaun O’Hara: Current New York Giants Defensive Line Better than 2007 Version

He must be smokIn!!

Re: Shaun O’Hara: Current New York Giants Defensive Line Better than 2007 Version

he's right.

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]he's right.[/quote]

It is an interesting debate. The problem is the DLine of the last 2 weeks, and hopefully the next 4 games is not the same line we saw from week 1 - week 15. I think this is probably something that can be more accurately assessed after the playoffs are over. This way we have more of a sample size than 2 games.

All-Pro

Arguable on either side. Star power is similar: Osi, Tuck, Strahan vs JPP, Osi, Tuck. What it boils down to is depth. I think we're better this year mainly because have Kiwi to play end also.

All-Pro

100% Healthy Osi and hes right. I mean we need to think about Toff and even Mathias who is really an extension of this DL. Jovel is nasty and Canty is having sick yr

I would hate to say that considering Michael Strahan, The Giants Greatest Defensive End, played on that 2007 team. I like the talent and hustle of JPP...but I think the 07 version of Tuck was 10 times better than Tuck present day. Osi is still a beast tho too like in '07. I think our DT play was better in '07 too, but in 07 we didnt have Kiwi at the end of the season. Its tough to call.

Age has to be taken into consideration. Stray obviously had the best career of anyone, and JPP has a long way to go before he's Stray. However, a 23 year old JPP is better than a 37 year old Stray IMO. Although Tuck in '07 was better, but hopefully he's getting his '07 feel back as he looks more like the '07 Tuck lately.

Veteran

I think you guys are comparing JPP to Strahan unfairly. Defensive line also includes our Tackles who are better now than Cofield and Robbins then. Our depth has also improved in my opinion.

todays d-line is better imo!

Fewell has more toys (d-ends) to play with than Spags. a lot of Spags pressure was manfactured whereas Fewell uses the front 4 more.

besides Kiwi and Tolley are more experienced. they provide valuable support.