+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcons haven't played a cold weather game all season!

Just thought it was worth noting even though its supposed to be a very mild day sunday for new york in january. But still its gonna be cold realitivly speaking.

also i dont think Julio Jones has EVER played a cold weather game in his enitire life. hope those fingers dont get stiff/numb on you buddy. lol. seriously i think this will be the coldest game hes ever played in and its only gonna be in the mid 30's. crazy.

lets hope this plays in our advantage. my gut tells me it will.......

Re: Falcons haven't played a cold weather game all season!

Their running game is good, if we can stop the run the weather will have a huge impact.

If we can't, the weather is to their advantage.

I dont think the weather will mean squat as far as an advantage. Do you think the Falconplayers have never played in bad weather or cold before??

Not saying the weather wont have an effect on the game I just dont see it as some huge advantage for the Giants.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player

Falcons played Carolina in 40 degree weather and jones went 104yds and two touchdowns.

Matty Ice came from BC so hes been in much worse.

Weather wont be an issue in this game.

such a stupid post...

Veteran

You know i hate to be naysayer but this weather thing does very little for me. I mean lets face it the Falcons are actually built much better for the bad weather then us. Lets face it bad weather means you need to run and control TOP - thats not our game. Matt Ryan played his college at BC im just not seeing how this will factor in unless the falcons are really just stunned by the cold - but i dont see it. If anything wind and rain make it harder to throw which is what WE NEED TO DO. And it can also make it harder for ends to get a quick start - which is more a problem for us and maybe abraham.

I'll take cold but im not hoping for rain or snow - last i heard it was actually gonna be around 40 and no precip and that sounds fine to me.

i dont feel its a huge advantage. I feel that it has a real chance to throw them out of their comfort zone for at least a quater or 2. thats all.playing in domes/warm weather is DIFFERENT than playing in new york in january. and DIFFERENT this late in the season isnt a good thing for any offense.

It's supposed to be in the mid forties anyway. Not exactly the "Ice Bowl".

[quote user="GameTime"]

I dont think the weather will mean squat as far as an advantage. Do you think the Falcon*players have never played in bad weather or cold before??

Not saying the weather wont have an effect on the game I just dont see it as some huge advantage for the Giants.....

[/quote]

The Falcons are historically bad on the road and worse when not in a dome (including this year).

Conversely, some of Eli's best games have been in bad weather, the last Dallas game being the most recent of these.

I think it definitely gives us an advantage.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Dwinsballgames"]It's supposed to be in the mid forties anyway. Not exactly the "Ice Bowl".[/quote]

True ... it was supposed to rain but apparently now its not.

Meh.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)