+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    PFF Defensive grades

    Player Snaps Grade

    *Mike Patterson 25 +1.4
    *Spencer Paysinger** 68 +1.3
    *Justin Tuck 47 +0.8
    *Linval Joseph** 34 +0.4
    *Jon Beason** 63 +0.3
    *Ryan Mundy** 62 +0.2
    *Jacquian Williams 5 +0.2
    *Mark Herzlich 6 +0.1
    *Cullen Jenkins** 38 -0.3
    *Mathias Kiwanuka 39 -0.3
    *Will Hill 40 -0.3
    *Johnathan Hankins 8 -0.8
    *Jason Pierre-Paul** 60 -1.5
    *Terrell Thomas** 62 -1.8
    *Keith Rivers** 28 -1.9
    *Prince Amukamara** 68 -2.3
    *Shaun Rogers** 27 -2.8
    *Antrel Rolle** 68 -2.8

    Rolle near the bottom again....way to earn your huge paycheck.

  2. #2
    Tuck with a positive grade.. LMAO. Thats why these grades are a joke..

  3. #3
    Tuck has a +0.8? Now that's surprising

    And Prince has a -2.3, that's not right. Prince actually played well yesterday.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Tuck with a positive grade.. LMAO. Thats why these grades are a joke..
    You don't understand the grades....typical ignorance.....they grade EVERY play, not just the ones you remember

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You don't understand the grades....typical ignorance.....they grade EVERY play, not just the ones you remember
    I don't need stats, I watched Tuck get pushed around like a little kid all night. He was brutal. The fact that he comes away with a positive number is rediculous. Why because he batted one ball??? PFF means nothing.

    For instance if you look at this nonsense without watching the game, you'd think Tuck had a better night than Beason. Is that the conclusion you came away with after watching last night???

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I don't need stats, I watched Tuck get pushed around like a little kid all night. He was brutal. The fact that he comes away with a positive number is rediculous. Why because he batted one ball??? PFF means nothing.

    For instance if you look at this nonsense without watching the game, you'd think Tuck had a better night than Beason. Is that the conclusion you came away with after watching last night???
    Right, and what you didn't see was Tuck led the team in QB hurries. Look, Tuck is nowhere near the player he used to be, I get that. But don't diss PFF because you obviously didn't watch and grade Tuck on every play. If you did, you would have seen the plays where he won his matchup.

    And while Beason looked good on many plays, there were plenty of others where he lost his matchup. You didn't see those either, you only saw his good plays.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 10-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Right, and what you didn't see was Tuck led the team in QB hurries. Look, Tuck is nowhere near the player he used to be, I get that. But don't diss PFF because you obviously didn't watch and grade Tuck on every play. If you did, you would have seen the plays where he won his matchup.
    When winning a match up actually leads to points, turnovers, or loss of yardage, or even tackles, then I will take these grades for something. Until then, they mean nothing. What I care about, is when they are running the ball at Tuck and a TE is pushing him 10 yards across the field like he is an inflatable weeble/wobble...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    When winning a match up actually leads to points, turnovers, or loss of yardage, or even tackles, then I will take these grades for something. Until then, they mean nothing. What I care about, is when they are running the ball at Tuck and a TE is pushing him 10 yards across the field like he is an inflatable weeble/wobble...
    What you care about is not real football. I have been using these grades for 5 years for fantasy football player and matchup analysis. They are really good and I have won a ton of money using them. If you want to grade Tuck on the the 5-10 plays you saw him look like crap, go ahead.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    What you care about is not real football. I have been using these grades for 5 years for fantasy football player and matchup analysis. They are really good and I have won a ton of money using them. If you want to grade Tuck on the the 5-10 plays you saw him look like crap, go ahead.
    So you say that what I care about is not real football, and then proceed to tell me that you use these grades for FANTASY football. Which is real?? LMFAO!

    So if you are drafting your team, based on PFF grades, how many points does "winning matchups" get you in fantasy football? This is a joke. Football is about making plays, that's all. If you want to applaud a guy for winning a lot of matchups but rarely ever coming withing 5 yards of the QB, then go right ahead..

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    272
    I used to blindly back up my opinions with PFF stats but some of their grades make no sense. They cannot possibly grade accurately because they do not know the scheme's of each team. Like with Eli's picks, some of them are off of miscommunications with the WRs but that doesnt get taken in to account.

    Or for dbacks for instance, how do they know if something was a blown coverage on one db or the other. Like if a corner is playing short because hes supposed to have help but the safety wasnt there. How do they know who blew the assignment? They can't possibly know this.
    Last edited by JSpin; 10-11-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts