+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry....call me crazy, but...

Most of the "big heads" have been saying the Giants are going to lose. Is that just me and catching the wrong segments? I do not fear them coming out flat, I just dont. I definately feared it the past 2 weeks. I'll be honest.

Remember, this is all my personal opinion. I have had the same doubts that we all have had. I just think we are playing some really great "team" ball. I do not think we are going to lose. This team knows where they are. They dont need any extra motivation. Coughlin has been dying for another opportunity since we have come up short the past couple seasons. And you just watch, you think Eli is playing great now, I feel the best has yet to come....I really do. I think he is going to play lights out. And part of me really feels that we are going to win by 2 scores.

Falcon fans are going to chime in and say I have no respect. But I do have respect, I respect your WR's/QB/RB, but truth be told...Turner is not the same this year, you can show me stats, but he hasnt. His FB is gone and its proven that he has had a down year, even bird fans will attest to that. I do not believe your secondary will be able to handle our WR corp. I expect Grimes on Cruz, but NO WAY will Robinson be able to handle Nicks. I expect Nicks to have a great game and cruz in th 50yd area. I think Grimes/Cruz will be a great matchup, cant really call it bc this is Cruz' first playoff game, we will see how he deals. If mario shows up it will be a tough task for their DB's. Ballard will not be much of a threat receiving wise bc their LB corp is nasty. Their DL, outside of Abraham, is weak and I fully expect our OL to keep them away from Eli. They have faced tougher tasks and excelled.

I love the fact that the Giants started preparing monday. I feel like they are completely ready and focused. Atlanta just started practicing yesterday.

If we play defense like we have been the past 2 weeks and tune up some minor things we are in a good position to win this game by 2 scores.. If we come out scoring like last week Atlanta will be in trouble bc once they are behind they give up the run.

So like I said call me crazy but my prediction is..

Giants 31- Falcons 21

Re: Sorry....call me crazy, but...

it shouldnt be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores. thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well. some of them prolly feel the same way.

i think the defense will improve from last weeks performace and step up!

Eli and the offense should do their normal thing but the rushing attack could be a huge factor Sunday.

if so, at least 2 scores!

If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

If the defense mails it in or the offense doesnt show, Atl will embarass them.

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

it shouldve be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores.* thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well.* some of them prolly feel the same way.

i think the defense will improve from last weeks performace and step up!

Eli and the offense should do their normal thing but the rushing attack could be a huge factor Sunday.

if so, at least 2 scores!

[/quote]
    Yeah true, but you know how some fans are.

[quote user="daynemustgo"]If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

If the defense mails it in or the offense doesnt show, Atl will embarass them.[/quote]

That's common sense. My point is that I do not fear that the defense will mail it in or the offense will not show.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="daynemustgo"]If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

If the defense mails it in or the offense doesnt show, Atl will embarass them.[/quote]

That's common sense. My point is that I do not fear that the defense will mail it in or the offense will not show.[/quote]

I hope not but I wouldn't bet my life on it. (see seahawks, Vince Young, and Grossman x2)

[quote user="daynemustgo"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="daynemustgo"]If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

That's common sense. My point is that I do not fear that the defense will mail it in or the offense will not show.[/quote]

I hope not but I wouldn't bet my life on it. (see seahawks, Vince Young, and Grossman x2)[/quote]

I know where this team has fell short. I know what games, what moments and how many times. I do not fear that happening. I believe they are fully aware and completely ready to play some "team" ball. And win also.

Veteran

Call me crazy, but I don't think people will pick apart our defense anymore.

Room destroyed us in the first game this season and so did all these other QB's. Now all of sudden they are holding the ball a lot longer.

Even after the cowboys came out in the second half the defense adjusted to the new style of offense and held them down. They did score again, but the Cowboys started with the Ball at the Giants 30.

My confidence in this defense is very high right now.

[quote user="Pakman"]Call me crazy, but I don't think people will pick apart our defense anymore.

Room destroyed us in the first game this season and so did all these other QB's. Now all of sudden they are holding the ball a lot longer.

Even after the cowboys came out in the second half the defense adjusted to the new style of offense and held them down. They did score again, but the Cowboys started with the Ball at the Giants 30.

My confidence in this defense is very high right now.[/quote]
    This.
    Exactly, I feel confident, especially since Fewell has simplified things, they are finally clicking after a long season.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="daynemustgo"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="daynemustgo"]If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

I hope not but I wouldn't bet my life on it. (see seahawks, Vince Young, and Grossman x2)[/quote]

I know where this team has fell short. I know what games, what moments and how many times. I do not fear that happening. I believe they are fully aware and completely ready to play some "team" ball. And win also.[/quote]

I hope so. I want to see GB and SF again.