+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spags really?

Bench Player

Spags really?

All this Spags is going to PHILLY, lets bring him in, make his Assistant Head Coach, we need a new DC.!!Give it a rest already. I know what Spags has done for this team. but a lot of you guys treat him like he's GOD. You guys will do the same thing if Fewell does what we all want a Super Bowl Win!!

Veteran

Re: Spags really?

Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all

[quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]debatable

[quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]

You mean with guys like Chase Blackburn, Deion Grant, Aaron Ross? And rookies like Williams and Joseph?

Last year, without the injuries, we had a top 10 D....

Veteran

[quote user="giants2thebowl"][quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]debatable[/quote]

Guaranteed were top 10 not top 30 undebatable

Veteran

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]

You mean with guys like Chase Blackburn, Deion Grant, Aaron Ross? And rookies like Williams and Joseph?

Last year, without the injuries, we had a top 10 D....[/quote]

With Boley, JPP and the crew with all those 1st rounders in the defensive backfield... Even though I loves gibril this d is suites for aggression not zOne... I think our talent alone won our last 2 in spite of. FEWELL...they were hungry

[quote user="shotcalla39"][quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]

Last year, without the injuries, we had a top 10 D....[/quote]

With Boley, JPP and the crew with all those 1st rounders in the defensive backfield... Even though I loves gibril this d is suites for aggression not zOne... I think our talent alone won our last 2 in spite of. FEWELL...they were hungry[/quote]

I've knocked Fewell as hard as anyone, but I don't think he stinks -- just underachieved. Our secondary is SUPPOSED to be better than it was on '07, but it doesn't play like it. I don't think it's because of over-valued talent, but rather Fewell's schemes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last year's D was good, but they did let up big plays at crucial moments and lots of converted 3rd and longs. Was this because of over-valuing our talent? Well, Spags helped win a SB with much of the same talent.

If Fewell can help win a SB or at least get us past the Falcs and not let the D put in an embarrassing performance in these playoffs, then I've got no prob with him coming back one more year.

If the D performs poorly sometime over the next few weeks, then yes, I'd want Spags back BECAUSE HE'S AVAILABLE AND WE KNOW WHAT HIS TRACK RECORD WAS.

Veteran

i think all of the injuries should be considered before saying Fewell stinks.

[quote user="nYg24"]i think all of the injuries should be considered before saying Fewell stinks.[/quote]

Exactly. With all the injuries mentioned above and rookies who weren't even yet acclimated having to become starters...Not to mention Osi and Tuck not being healthy all year and missing a ton of games.... have to be taken into account.

I don't like the three man rush either but I do understand him trying ways to get better coverage in the secondary because it was atrocious.

The good news is now the team is getting more healthy and it's like, "whata ya know...Fewell is doing a better job"!

Injuries are not a coaches fault.

[quote user="shotcalla39"]Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all[/quote]

I agree 100%