+ Reply to Thread

BBBU's Mock Draft #2

1. Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves III

-Amukamara is an unrestricted free agent and I dont think he will stay. This brings a needed playmaker to the secondary opposite DRC.

2. Notre Dame WR Will Fuller

-Im think Randle walks because some team overpays for an average player with above average stats. Fuller is a speedy home run threat who the defense will need to respect.

3. Notre Dame RB C.J. Procise

-Ive been a fan of Procise for awhile and at the combine, I expect him to look really good. He has a good mix of size and speed and would take our RB group to the next level.

4. Ohio State S Tyvis Powell

-Pair him up with Landon Collins and we have 2 solid young safeties who can become a great tandem.

5.South Carolina St DT Javon Hargrave

-Hargrave totaled 59 tackles with 22 for a loss, two forced fumbles and 13.5 sacks in 2015. In 2014, he had 55 tackles, 24 for a loss, 16 sacks and three forced fumbles. The senior totaled 37 sacks in his collegiate career.

6.Florida DE Alex Mcallister

-A good situational pass rusher who in 2015, had 6.5 sacks in 9 games. Some off field issues though.

*Next mock draft will be post combine
    Last edited by BigBlueBeatsU; 02-18-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Veteran
    2 major things I don't like -

1) WR/RB back to back in the 2nd and 3rd.
    2) Not a single DL or LB in 1st 4 rounds. Giants front 7 is awful.

Not trying to be an *** but I would hate this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    2 major things I don't like -

1) WR/RB back to back in the 2nd and 3rd.
    2) Not a single DL or LB in 1st 4 rounds. Giants front 7 is awful.

Not trying to be an *** but I would hate this draft.
    Yeah i get what youre saying. I do think some positions will be settled by FA and i also feel that others will be weakened. I think drafting a starting #2 WR and CB wouldnt be bad at all. I do think the Giants are weak at RB with an aging Jennings , they also barely use vereen in non pass situations. They showed a need when they kept trying to work with Andre Williams, he didnt look good though. The Giants front 7 could also use a lot of help, but atleast JPP and Ayers should be there. I tried to add depth with De and DT in rounds 5 and 6. Linebacker is a huge need and watching them cost us with game winning catches was awful last year. Safety was also a big issue last year, as we didnt have a solid safety to pair with Collins. We had to bring in Meriweather to play...
    Last edited by BigBlueBeatsU; 02-18-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Not feeling it. At all.
    His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy,
    vomit on his sweater already, moms spaghetti

He's nervous but on the surface he looks calm and ready
    To drop BOMBS

I can't wait for FA to start...that will clarify a lot

This is me after a Giants game

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    1. Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves III

-Amukamara is an unrestricted free agent and I dont think he will stay. This brings a needed playmaker to the secondary opposite DRC.

2. Notre Dame WR Will Fuller

-Im think Randle walks because some team overpays for an average player with above average stats. Fuller is a speedy home run threat who the defense will need to respect.

3. Notre Dame RB C.J. Procise

-Ive been a fan of Procise for awhile and at the combine, I expect him to look really good. He has a good mix of size and speed and would take our RB group to the next level.

4. Ohio State S Tyvis Powell

-Pair him up with Landon Collins and we have 2 solid young safeties who can become a great tandem.

5.South Carolina St DT Javon Hargrave

-Hargrave totaled 59 tackles with 22 for a loss, two forced fumbles and 13.5 sacks in 2015. In 2014, he had 55 tackles, 24 for a loss, 16 sacks and three forced fumbles. The senior totaled 37 sacks in his collegiate career.

6.Florida DE Alex Mcallister

-A good situational pass rusher who in 2015, had 6.5 sacks in 9 games. Some off field issues though.

*Next mock draft will be post combine
    It totally looks like a Jerry Reese draft. No linebackers. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    It totally looks like a Jerry Reese draft. No linebackers. LOL
    Well this mock might be disliked by 90% of people, but its right along the lines of a typical Jerry Reese draft and it keeps it honest to history

I would take Alexander all day over Hargreaves if we are going Corner at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    I would take Alexander all day over Hargreaves if we are going Corner at 10.
    I don't think you could lose with either...they have different strengths and weaknesses.
    1. Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
    2. Cody Whitehair, OT/OG, Kansas State
    3. Braxton Miller, WR, OSU
    4. Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU
    5. KJ Dillon, S, West Virginia
    6. Hala Vaitai, OT, TCU

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    Well this mock might be disliked by 90% of people, but its right along the lines of a typical Jerry Reese draft and it keeps it honest to history
    You're right.