+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaq Thompson

Shaq Thompson

I don't watch college football. I find it too hard to keep track of all the teams and the way they do their bowl game and BCS tournament selection is silly, but I of course start reading up on players every year near the end of the season who are likely to be available where the Giants are drafting and I have to say Shaq Thompson would be a FANTASTIC pick.

He's a great linebacker, but is so athletic he played games at running back while averaging 7.5 yards per carry. He's a former safety who added weight to become a linebacker. TCould you imagine Kennard and Thompson on the outside? Both outside linebackers who could play the run, have good sideline to sideline range, who could pressure the quarterback on blitzes. Man this would be a great pick.

I still dont really care for him. Hes a great athlete, but his instincts are not very good.

hes a late 1st, early 2nd rounder to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still dont really care for him. Hes a great athlete, but his instincts are not very good.

This, plus not sure I want to spend a first on a guy who has played LB in College but may be a S in the pros.

I dont think the Giants would select him that high even if they thought he was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    This, plus not sure I want to spend a first on a guy who has played LB in College but may be a S in the pros.
    He played Safety, Linebacker, and Running Back in college. The guy is an athlete and he'll be a beast when he gets to the NFL.

Bench Player
    I'm not too big on him...he's an athlete but where would he play for us. I think a much better pick would be Shane Ray (assuming Leonard Williams and Gregory are gone) and he can be a de/olb. And if he's not there, we can go o-line

Shaq would be great on this defense.. Sideline to sideline player here.. Him and Kennard would be a nice duo

Quote Originally Posted by Iivil View Post
    He played Safety, Linebacker, and Running Back in college. The guy is an athlete and he'll be a beast when he gets to the NFL.
    he looks like a running back trying to play defense to me.

he looks like a running back trying to play defense to me.
    he's a football player, he can do it all

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    he's a football player, he can do it all
    doesnt mean he can do it well.