+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock

Jeremiah's latest mock nearly brings up my personal worst case scenario for Giants

In his mock, 2 QBs are taken in top 10 and Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack, Jaylon and Buckner are all taken before the Giants pick.

He then has Bucs taking Hargreaves and Giants taking Spence. I'd be more than happy with Spence but my worst case scenario is if all picks stay the same as in Jeremiah's mock except Bucs take Spence.

If Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack, Jaylon, Spence and Buckner are all gone, nobody left would really excite me at 10. And with 2 QBs already gone, likelihood of a trade down diminishes.

I'd be fine with Spence if Giants think he's ok mentally and fits what we do defensively.

I'm also a Hargreaves fan -- after the list of guys you note above. He has elite quick-twitch athleticism, confidence and ball skills to be a dynamic corner.

Another guy that really intrigues me is the big/long/lean pass-rushing LB from Georgia --- Leonard Floyd who Jeremiah has going 17. This guy is so slippery and athletic -- I feel like he can by dynamic in the right system -- just not sure its the Giants that fits.

My preference would be to hold off on DT because of the depth of the position and grab one in 2nd or 3rd if we haven't addressed in FA.

Link?

Well. I will try to pick someone different (As by now most know that Andrew Billings is my guy.) But there are a couple options here. We could go Treadwell, Corey Coleman (you all need to really consider him as a solid option at 10), Nkemdiche, Mackenzie Alexander, even Ezekiel Elliott isn't a bad choice. I wouldn't be TOO mad at a pick like Spence or Shaq Lawson.

Veteran
    Spence is my guy until I see what happens in fa. If we bring back jpp and ayers then sign say a Bruce Irvin to edge rush and play Sam then slide Kennard over to mlb.....then a 3tech is really all we need to have a decent front 7

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Link?
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-d...0?sf21040963=1

Happy?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Spence is my guy until I see what happens in fa. If we bring back jpp and ayers then sign say a Bruce Irvin to edge rush and play Sam then slide Kennard over to mlb.....then a 3tech is really all we need to have a decent front 7
    I like the Spence mocked pick to the Giants too. Just meant what if Bucs take Spence (TB beat writers have been mocking Spence to the Bucs) and all Jeremiah's other top 10 picks stay the same.

Personally, at that point, I'd prefer a trade down. If no trade partner, my personal next options would be Nkemdiche or Elliot. Maybe Hargreaves if Prince signs elsewhere.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    I like the Spence mocked pick to the Giants too. Just meant what if Bucs take Spence (TB beat writers have been mocking Spence to the Bucs) and all Jeremiah's other top 10 picks stay the same.

Personally, at that point, I'd prefer a trade down. If no trade partner, my personal next options would be Nkemdiche or Elliot. Maybe Hargreaves if Prince signs elsewhere.
    We need to make out in free agency so that we aren't pigeon holed into having to draft such and such position. Of course it won't work out that way, but it would be nice.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We need to make out in free agency so that we aren't pigeon holed into having to draft such and such position. Of course it won't work out that way, but it would be nice.
    Agreed but it could also be argued that the 3 guys I mentioned are the BPA also at 10.

worse case scenario we wind up with Shaq Lawson.. and I'm fine with that