+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Clowney today?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Slip, I have to disagree with you. I saw him get some double, but a lot of single coverage. He had some pressure, but the LT did a great job solo on Clowney today.
    I watched him every snap. He was doubled almost every single snap all game, or they played games with him, letting him come up field then running behind him and having the TE come across.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...deveon-clowney

Clowney might be sidelined again Sunday against the Eagles due to an illness after missing six games due to a knee injury he suffered in Week 1 that required surgery. The frustration, though, seems to be stemming from the Texans wanting Clowney to "grow up" and "be more mature," according to Rapoport.

As I have been saying for over a year now, I am glad the Giants didnt trade the farm to move up and get this kid. He was completely overrated and still is. Now it sounds like he has some issues on how he is handling things, just like in college.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

I don't really understand what's coming from the Texans. "He's never had a legitimate injury"?

So a torn meniscus is what exactly? Pretend?

And Clowney is out again with "another injury". This time knee. This guy is soft. Super talented, but soft. I think I hit the nail on the head with him. Not impressed at all. No way he was worth the top pick. It was too obvious this is how he would turn out in the NFL based on his track record. played in 4 games this season, has 7 tackles and 0 sacks. I thought playing with JJ Watt would help him, but I guess not. This kid is going to wait till his contract year to do something I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    And Clowney is out again with "another injury". This time knee.
    Its the same injury he has had. The knee he had repaied for the torn meniscus swelled back up.

Clowney is a tremendous talent.

I'd give him 3 years before writing him off. He appears injury prone, he's young, it could be bad luck.

People were saying Beckham was "soft" too throughout most of the year and we said the same about Prince.

Beckham appears like our best offensive player and Prince was our best defender before he got hurt. It's funny how quickly perceptions change.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Clowney is a tremendous talent.

I'd give him 3 years before writing him off. He appears injury prone, he's young, it could be bad luck.

People were saying Beckham was "soft" too throughout most of the year and we said the same about Prince.

Beckham appears like our best offensive player and Prince was our best defender before he got hurt. It's funny how quickly perceptions change.
    I don't think it's him being injury prone, it seemsalike hahe has one injury that hasn't healed and they keep rushing him back.

Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    I don't think it's him being injury prone, it seemsalike hahe has one injury that hasn't healed and they keep rushing him back.
    Its a shame the guy is about as physically talented as an DE Ive ever seen. Thats the thing with any first round pick, or any player in the NFL, 1 knee injury and that can be all she wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its a shame the guy is about as physically talented as an DE Ive ever seen. Thats the thing with any first round pick, or any player in the NFL, 1 knee injury and that can be all she wrote
    Many of us saw it coming though. Clowney was all hype. Sure has the talent, but it is rarely used to its potential. Texans even think he is soft. JJ watt he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think all the comments coming out of Houston are helping him either by putting pressure on him to play. Hes such a great potential filled asset that they should be taking all the right steps to protect him for the long run rather than trying to break him before he even makes an impact for them.

+ Reply to Thread