+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Clowney today?

Anyone watching Clowney today?

So, he finally made his first play of the game, a tackle after 3 yards on the RB, in the 4th Quarter.... He has been doubled most the day, but he has seen single coverage too where he cant seem to break through. It seems like 50% of the time, he gives up on plays that are run away from him even though he has the speed to track the RB down. Even the announcer called him out on it. He is taking plays off, a lot of them.

If this guy is the next game changing DE, I dont see it. Maybe some flashes, but it is very rare. He needs to learn how to handle the double teams, and plays that arent going his way better. It is actually reminding me of JPP quite a bit right now.

5trive for Fiv5

Hes certainly not doing what Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, and the other big DE's who were doubled and tripled all the time were doing the yr before they were drafted, thats for sure..

While I was watching the announcers kept talking about how his energy was great today.

Maybe we had different announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    While I was watching the announcers kept talking about how his energy was great today.

People realize he has bone spurs in his feet right. People act like he has never seen double teams before this year. He saw them last year. Teams are just getting rid of the ball and staying away from him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    People realize he has bone spurs in his feet right. People act like he has never seen double teams before this year. He saw them last year. Teams are just getting rid of the ball and staying away from him this year.
    Come on man, at some point u guys gotta admit hes looking alot more human and showing alot more signs of not being the so called best player ever on defense to come out.

Why did Mario WIlliams destroy defenses his last yr before being drafted? Why did Julius Peppers? Did teams just single them up and just now realize how to gameplan against these guys?

Not to mention, Suh was also a ridunclously productive player with extra attention, on the inside.. Lawernce Taylor could never be stopped, even though he was changing the game and litteraly having OC's game planning for him wks before playing him(from what i heard on a movie about LT)..

I need to see Clowney dominate again. Hes starting to scare me...

I dont remember teams game planning for Suh like this.

But injuries are playing a part too.

This is good. He is under performing. That means he might fall to us.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

You are in your own world slip, thats all.

They said it. They called it out. Thats why it was brough to my attention. He was relaxing on a bunch of plays. If it was run away from him, he would not quite "give up" but you can see he slowed it down.

I saw several plays where he was one on one with the LT, and was ineffective. He did get doubled though quite a bit, and did bust through a few times. He is a phenominal athletic beast, but doesnt have that every play motor even when he isnt involved.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    This is good. He is under performing. That means he might fall to us.
    Fall to us? At number 2? lol Bridgewater will be the #1.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    You are in your own world slip, thats all.

They said it. They called it out. Thats why it was brough to my attention. He was relaxing on a bunch of plays. If it was run away from him, he would not quite "give up" but you can see he slowed it down.

I saw several plays where he was one on one with the LT, and was ineffective. He did get doubled though quite a bit, and did bust through a few times. He is a phenominal athletic beast, but doesnt have that every play motor even when he isnt involved.
    Like I said, maybe we had different announcers. Because the ones I was listening to kept saying "his effort has been great today, maybe the best weve seen from him this season"

+ Reply to Thread