+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Clowney today?

Starter
    Clowney is an absolute beast. Antonio Richardson is a first round OT and he has help on every play and they are still getting whipped by Clowney. Clowney is winning every one on one and he is beating the double teams. Don't let the stat sheet fool you. The ignorant and uninformed will look at Tenn rushing total and say what did Clowney do? Tenn has run away from Clowney every play! Tenn has one of the top OLines in the nation. They are dominating the SCar DL and LB's, but that is because they are obviously running/scheming away from Clowney. The tape will not lie. That was one of the most impressive halves of football you will see by a defender.

Another thing. Don't listen to the media hype machine about Clowney's lack of commitment. That is the media making something out of nothing. That is their job. Spurrier completely screwed that situation up. Clowney had a muscle and cartilage issue. Incredibly painful.

Clowney is the top defensive prospect of the last decade and all of the pro scouts know it.

Veteran
    plus it looks like clowney has been getting held a few times

Veteran
    I may have to reconsider my position of trading down, even if we're in the position to draft Clowney

Veteran
    that running back davis for south carolina is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I may have to reconsider my position of trading down, even if we're in the position to draft Clowney
    Because of 1 game?

He finally broke out and had some really good explosive moves he hasnt shown in a while. Thats why he is considered a great prospect. But, I need to see him do it consistantly. He needs to do this week in and week out in the NFL even when things arent going his way. Thats what scares me with him. You see JPP now? Where did he go? I want a player who will play at least 10 years for us with a top 3 pick. Will Clowney's body hold up?

He did look like a beast today though. that was him at his best. Havent seen that much this year if at all.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Try two seasons. He's no being selective. You are.

I don't see the JPP comparison in regards to questioning the effort. While ineffective, that's hardly the reason why Pierre Paul is.

While his current injuries are up for the medical staff to evaluate, I see nothing else in his body to suggest he can't hold up. He's the ideal size at this very moment. Doesn't need to lose weight. Doesn't need to put any on. Still seems like you're nitpicking and projecting another's future mindset for the sake of doing so.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Try two seasons. He's no being selective. You are.

I don't see the JPP comparison in regards to questioning the effort. While ineffective, that's hardly the reason why Pierre Paul is.

While his current injuries are up for the medical staff to evaluate, I see nothing else in his body to suggest he can't hold up. He's the ideal size at this very moment. Doesn't need to lose weight. Doesn't need to put any on. Still seems like you're nitpicking and projecting another's future mindset for the sake of doing so.
    +1

Even though i was frustrated with Clowney, he still has lead the way for me along with mariota as the 2 guys i want most in this yrs upcoming draft.. I'm just way to intrigued to see a trio of JPP, DaMonster, and Clowney on the same field(figure it out!).

So anyone watching Clowney?
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Starter
    Playing well today, still do not see the "game changer" he's supposed to be. Still seems to mosey about when the play is away from his side. It's as if the motor runs really, really well for very short periods of time, and then? Like a Top Fuel car...wow did you see that, and then that's it...it's over!

If you compare Aaron Donald's motor to him, you see Donald doesn't quit where Clowney just?
    Still not sure what's up with him,
    lazy maybe?
    reading to many press clippings?

+ Reply to Thread