+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Clowney sure as hell didnt look lazy this game. Wis payed a ton of attention to him, doubles/triples all game.

Finally in the last 2 minutes or so they left him on an island, and he dominated them, batted a couple passes, had some hits/pressures.

I have still never seen a college pass rusher get attention like this from the opposing team.

Just like this forum was getting on jpp last year for not having another 15+ sack season, and people saying he didnt try as hard, a lot more of it had to do with teams giving him way more attention. Its a mental thing then, to keep working through double teams. Its not a mentally easy thing to do.

Clowney probably wont be given as much attention in the NFL, at least not if he has capable players elsewhere, which he did not really have this season
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

I have still never seen a college pass rusher get attention like this from the opposing team.

He hasn't had the remarkable season we all wanted to see. But I agree that I have never seen a college player more schemed against. I watched today's game from start to finish and today he looked like the best player in college football again.

Veteran
    No slip, not today, he looks very good.
    That's just it though, you wonder if you have to check his blood sugar after every series!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    No slip, not today, he looks very good.
    That's just it though, you wonder if you have to check his blood sugar after every series!
    I think its just mentally and physically exhausting constantly being double teamed.

And there has to be a ton of frustration setting in when you want to make plays but teams continually keep the ball away from you.

Too bad we have no chance to get him. Just imagine a healthy jpp and Clowney rushing the passer!

Kudos to Clowney for even playing. I'm surprised the guy didn't tell Spurrier he wasen't playing because he didn't want to get hurt.

Slip, I have to disagree with you. I saw him get some double, but a lot of single coverage. He had some pressure, but the LT did a great job solo on Clowney today.

Veteran
    I don't see him dropping between 5-10, however if he does, do we pay the steep price to move up?

This what I'm talking about when I said those last two chump, bloodsucking wins can only hurt us, not help. Senarios like this, we could have been 8th.

There is no way Clowney is on the board when we pick. He will be gone in the first 3 picks.

Veteran
    More than likely not, however watching drafts as often as I've been, so much changes post Bowl games, combine, individual workouts and the interviews that the final rankings are no where near set. Not even Bridgewater, Clowney or Barr.