+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deion Jordan

Deion Jordan

What would you guys think about trying to get him? We obviously could use a pass rusher and I still think this guy has a lot of potential, the eagles put it an offer but idk what it was. Only concern I have is why is Miami trying to trade him one year after being the #3 overall pick, maybe he's struggled to put on the weight that he needs?

The proud and UNDEFEATED defender of Eli Manning

Eagles offer was supposedly Brandon Graham and a second rounder which was denied. Apparently, a first and Brandon Graham gets it done. I think it makes a ton of sense for them from both a schematic and coaching move. I think it's a bigger gamble for the Giants since he's allegedly been out of place in a 4-3. I wouldn't even consider parting with our first for him. Might as well just get Barr who I think was the better football player and nearly as athletic compared to Jordan coming out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Eagles offer was supposedly Brandon Graham and a second rounder which was denied. Apparently, a first and Brandon Graham gets it done. I think it makes a ton of sense for them from both a schematic and coaching move. I think it's a bigger gamble for the Giants since he's allegedly been out of place in a 4-3. I wouldn't even consider parting with our first for him. Might as well just get Barr who I think was the better football player and nearly as athletic compared to Jordan coming out of college.
    Damn they offered a 2nd and got turned down?? F this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Damn they offered a 2nd and got turned down?? F this!
    Well, that was the offer. So that was my assumption that they were turned down. They could very well still be in hardball negotiation regarding the pick Philly gives up. I still think a first and Brandon Graham for Jordan makes a ton of sense for Philly. Graham is irrelevant in terms of assets lost as the Eagles seem ready to move on from him anyway. I think it's fair to say that Jordan would be at the very least the 22nd best prospect in this year's draft especially when paired with his old coach in Chip Kelly.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is Miami's end. Don't know why they are rushing to get rid of someone they traded up for a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Well, that was the offer. So that was my assumption that they were turned down. They could very well still be in hardball negotiation regarding the pick Philly gives up. I still think a first and Brandon Graham for Jordan makes a ton of sense for Philly. Graham is irrelevant in terms of assets lost as the Eagles seem ready to move on from him anyway. I think it's fair to say that Jordan would be at the very least the 22nd best prospect in this year's draft especially when paired with his old coach in Chip Kelly.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is Miami's end. Don't know why they are rushing to get rid of someone they traded up for a year earlier.
    yeah the report about miami shopping him is a month or 2 old. i remember thinking the smae sentiments you've posted. only thing, back when i brought this topic up, i believed and still do, that we could trade our 1rst for Jordan after we trade back and get an additional 2nd rd pick, and it would be something i would support. jordan has osi like quickness off the edge. probably even more so. his quickness almost makes the read option pointless because you can't leave him unblocked and hope the QB makes the right decision based upon what he does because he's so damn explosive and disruptive.

he's still very raw and has a lot of room to grow as a player but even still, he's a tremendous athlete and can make a meaningful impact while staying o n track to becoming a complete player.

I think the fact the he was the #3 pick just last year is a red flag, which is why I'm surprised they even got offered a second, teams have to be wondering what bad the dolphins have seen out of him that they already have given up on him, nobody tries to dump a #3 overall pick that quickly

Pass on Jordan. There's a reason that they're trying to get rid of a player that they just drafted a year ago and it's probably not a good reason. Besides, the Giants already inherited one of the Dolphins second hand problems with John Jerry. That's more than enough.
    One of these teams is not like the others

You do have to wonder. Miami isn't going through a coaching change either at the head or defensive coordinator position. You would think that would overrule a new GM hiring of Dennis Hickey unlike with Cleveland and Trent Richardson. Cameron Wake is old, but still functional and Vernon played well enough where they shouldn't be dying for immediate production at DE. This would also accelerate all the rookie bonuses to this year.

I think it's a little quick to give up on Jordan..

Veteran
    I've been reading that he doesn't exactly fit the 4-3 and would be much better suited to play a 3-4