+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 38m

#NYR No discipline expected for Chris Kreider for last night's hit on Scottie Upshall. Kreider is on the ice for team's practice today

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 12h

#NYR Alain Vigneault said Kreider apologized to the team after the game for putting Rangers down a man late in third with hit on Upshall

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN
    Nice PC move on Kreider's part but hope he and other Blueshirts keep doing things like that. Maybe then teams will think twice about taking runs at our top players and we won't be without one of our stars for over a month.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    We are winning games, I'm happy. Hope they keep it up but they could use some work before the trade deadline.

i still think they need another legit top 6er. A LW would help. Pouliot is way too inconsistent and Zuccarello is small.

Man I feel bad for Henrik... the night before against the habnots you could see the team and the defense playing smart and working hard to win the game with the rookie Cam Talbot in net.

Then last night against the kings with Henrik in net you could see the stupidity and the lack of effort because it seems the players just say to themselves, "Oh Henrik is in net we don't have to work as hard" and we lose 1-0.

Lundqvist looked really pissed after the game and I don't blame him. LA dominated most of the first two periods and without Henrik we get blown out. A fluke goal off Stralman's foot and that's all it took... Because the team didn't work as hard as they did the night before... yea 37 shots on the king's back up goalie but only a few were quality chances...

A month into the season and we're playing better but the Blueshirts need to play hard every game even if its against the worst team in the league. Not sure if its a coaching issue or what but still early in the season and we're in the hunt but long way to go and need to get that corrected.

Banned
    If Hank decides to leave i dont blame him. There must he a certain point in someones life when they get sick of doing everything

Hank isn't leaving, it's the point of $$$

I have a question guys that may be a stupid one. I can't figure why the Rangers haven't already clinched a playoff spot with 90 points owning the 5th seed as of tonight..

Sitting in the 9th & 10th positions are Toronto and Washington at 82 & 81 points respectively. Toronto has 3 games remaining in their season so the most they can wind up with is 88 points if they win out.. 2 points shy of the rangers even if they lost their final 3..

Washington has 4 games remaking for a possible 89 points. Again one shy of where NY sits.. I don't get it?

NJDevils are next with 80 points and 4 games left.. What gives. Have the sites not updated yet after tonight's play or am I missing something..?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I realize their seeding could change as Philly or Detroit Could catch them as they both have more games to play then the rangers. I think Philly has two more and Detroit one more then NY. Or there is an outside chance the rangers could catch TB or the Canadians.
    But shouldn't there still be an * that they've clinched a spot at least
    Last edited by miked1958; 04-02-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

They just clinched home ice!

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ixiion View Post
    They just clinched home ice!
    ...For the 1st round only.

Veteran
    looks like they will get philly. nothing like a good old fashioned new york - philly playoff matchup. last time they both met in the playoffs was in the 97 conference finals.

+ Reply to Thread