Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Political discussion

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is to be NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION on these forums of any kind, and at any time.

A thread was started about Kiwi making comments regarding Rush Limbaugh potentially buying the Rams, and 2 days ago, a thread was started about Danny Clark being on Hannity's show, and both threads went on for several pages and were nothing but political talk.

We have stressed this over and over again that politics and religion are subjects that will never be permitted to be discussed on these forums. It is strongly suggested that topics that fit into those decriptions are not posted here, because the thread starter will not be posting again afterwards.

Consider this the one and only warning. We'd like to have a place for such things, but as history has proven, most folks(not just our posters, but people in general) are incapable of discussing those types of things without having the conversation get heated and out of control, and quite frankly, it's not worth the inevitable trouble.

Please do your best to avoid starting such topics

Thanks
    Mods
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Re: Political discussion

just delete them when you see them

the OP should not be held accountable for that thread getting political, and no one got red in the face in it

it happens every couple months, just delete it.

[quote user="bansaw"]just delete them when you see them

the OP should not be held accountable for that thread getting political, and no one got red in the face in it

[/quote]

I agree. OP should not be held accountable for the way a thread may evolve and change direction. Just delete it with no fan fair.

[quote user="bansaw"]just delete them when you see them

[/quote]

I agree with bansaw on this. The OP was just reporting what Kiwanuka said. It then turned into politics. Sometimes it's just inevitable. It's not like someone is saying Vote for Mr. Magoo which is an obvious political statement. We tend to get caught up in discussions that stray over the line without anyone intentionally ignoring the rules. After all, we're a bunch of shut ins lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Mods are doing other things so they will not waste time or shoulddelete Posts. It is up to us to follow directions. . Mods are the rulers and we should follow what they say.

[quote user="GiantsWinAlltime"]Mods are doing other things so they will not waste time or shoulddelete Posts. It is up to us to follow directions. . Mods are the rulers and we should follow what they say.[/quote]

Wouldn't a perfect world be nice. But the reality is quite the opposite and I'm pretty sure the moderators delete posts for man reasons as part of what they do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GiantsWinAlltime"]Mods are doing other things so they will not waste time or shoulddelete Posts. It is up to us to follow directions. . Mods are the rulers and we should follow what they say.[/quote]

Wouldn't a perfect world be nice. But the reality is quite the opposite and I'm pretty sure the moderators delete posts for man reasons as part of what they do.
    [/quote]Just beause it is not a perfect world does not meanthata personcan do whatthey want Renokefan. That is why it is not close to being that way.

I say we give the moderators a Nobel Peace Prize for their work. Not referring to anything political. LOL

[quote user="FiremanBob"]I say we give the moderators a Nobel Peace Prize for their work. Not referring to anything political. LOL
    [/quote]Yeah, they did a good job on giggles. I haven't seen him in a while.

the NFL has a prospective buyer of the Rams in Rush Limbaugh and we are not allowed to discuss it on an NFL teams website? NFL players show up on News channels and we are denied the right to discuss it on an NFL message board? I didnt know we lived in Venezuela..... Too funny.