+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

I'm not upset that he and the other person next to him picked against the Giants, I'm still puzzled over the reason why they picked against the Giants. They made it sound as if we cannot score points against the Falcons defense, which actually is no better than ours stat wise. If this turns into a shootout, we can still walk away with a W. I honestly believe we are going to light them up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-fa...opple-New-York

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-fa...opple-New-York

Re: This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

Sapp is a cheap shot artist. Not interested in his opinion in the slightest.

Maybe burning the boats isn't the greatest idea just yet.

I do not think that the stupidity of Sapp needs to be demonstrated...he ranks right there with Shannon Sharpe and Irving
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

All-Pro

As far as where defenses are ranked the Falcons are 12 and the Giants are 27. That is based on yards per game and yards can sometimes not tell the entire story. Anyway, the difference between 12 and 27 is 42.8 yards per game.

Now the Falcons defense has allowed 50 points less than the Giants defense, but that is not much better divided by 16 games. I don't know how many TD's where scored on the Falcons when their offense turned it over but I do know 21 points that where scored on the Giants where interceptions ran back for TD's.

Bench Player

The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
    Atlanta - 12th
    NY - 27th

Run Defense
    Atlanta - 6th
    NY - 19th

Pass Defense
    Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
    NY - 29th

Total points scored against Defense
    Atlanta - 348
    NY - 400

Total Yards against Defense
    Atlanta - 333.6
    NY - 376.4

Sacks
    Atlanta - 33
    NY - 48

All-Pro

Yeah, so what makes the Falcons defense ranked 15 spots higher than the Giants is 42.8 yards a game and just about 3 points more a game. Not that much separating the two.

[quote user="SoCalFalcon"]The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
    Atlanta - 12th
    NY - 27th

Run Defense
    Atlanta - 6th
    NY - 19th

Pass Defense
    Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
    NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
    NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
    NY - 376.4

Sacks
    Atlanta - 33
    NY - 48
    [/quote]

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="SoCalFalcon"]The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
    Atlanta - 12th
    NY - 27th

Run Defense
    Atlanta - 6th
    NY - 19th

Pass Defense
    NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
    NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
    NY - 376.4

Sacks
    Atlanta - 33
    NY - 48
    [/quote]

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.[/quote]

the game in Atlanta the Falcons should have won that game

All-Pro

Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.

[quote user="buddy33"]Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.[/quote]

No ****. Name them. Was Philly really ranked that high?