Lions

Losses to:
    -------------
    Bears
    Bucs
    GB
    NO x2
    Houston

they beat Fluff teams... and lost to all the good ones. Lions are the only halfway decent team they beat...This tells me that this is a VERY winnable game.
    Matty Ice outside=bad news, our DE's + his slow wind up= bad news. Our speedy recievers +their secondary=bad news.
    Julio Jones and Turner are the only two that scare me, but if this becomes a shoot out, I'll take ELI over Ryan any day of he week and twice on Sunday.

Re: Falcons Schedule with game break downs

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]...courtesy of the Falcons...
    http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedule/

bottom line is:

Wins against
    --------
    Eagles
    Seahawks
    Panthers x2
    Colts
    Vikes
    Jags
    Bucs
    Lions

Losses to:
    -------------
    Bears
    Bucs
    GB
    NO x2
    Houston

they beat Fluff teams... and lost to all the good ones. Lions are the only halfway decent team they beat...This tells me that this is a VERY winnable game.
    Matty Ice outside=bad news, our DE's + his slow wind up= bad news. Our speedy recievers +their secondary=bad news.
    Julio Jones and Turner are the only two that scare me, but if this becomes a shoot out, I'll take ELI over Ryan any day of he week and twice on Sunday.[/quote]

great post. this has been exactly what i've been saying.

plus, they are a bad road team, and bad in the playoffs too. i honestly dont see this game being close after the 3rd quarter. we're gonna keep building momentum, which we'll need for either GB or SF.

Left out the Titans, the only other winning team other than the Lions that Falcons beat. Odd thing is they were the #1 seed in NFC and didn't end up with a tough schedule.

Gaints only beat 1 winning team, played 4(losses to NO, SF and GB) but there were more 8-8 teams than I can ever remember.

We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.

Veteran

[quote user="BornLegend"]We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.[/quote]Got jobbed against GB. Yeah, we suck.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]...courtesy of the Falcons...
    http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedule/

bottom line is:

Wins against
    --------
    Eagles
    Seahawks
    Panthers x2
    Colts
    Vikes
    Jags
    Bucs
    Lions

Losses to:
    -------------
    Bears
    Bucs
    GB
    NO x2
    Houston

Julio Jones and Turner are the only two that scare me, but if this becomes a shoot out, I'll take ELI over Ryan any day of he week and twice on Sunday.[/quote]

great post. this has been exactly what i've been saying.

plus, they are a bad road team, and bad in the playoffs too. i honestly dont see this game being close after the 3rd quarter. we're gonna keep building momentum, which we'll need for either GB or SF.[/quote]Every team has a questionable loss (hello Green Bay, Baltimore etc..)

and a breakdown of the giants schedule shows they too only beat 1 playoff team (N.E) as well.

common oponents:

both lost to saints (falcons twice)
    both lost to packers

falcons beat seahawks - giants loss seahawks
    falcons beat eagles - giants split win/loss eagles

falcons 4-4 on road, giants 4-4 at home

falcons 2-3 outdoors

so really nothing gained by looking the schedules. all fairly even.

i see this game coming down to the turnover margin. who ever wins that battle wins the game.
    falcons +8, giants +7 so all very tight

[quote user="chuckedafter5yards"]Left out the Titans, the only other winning team other than the Lions that Falcons beat. Odd thing is they were the #1 seed in NFC and didn't end up with a tough schedule.

Gaints only beat 1 winning team, played 4(losses to NO, SF and GB) but there were more 8-8 teams than I can ever remember.[/quote]

we beat buffalo when they were 4-1. beat ne, beat dallas twice with winning records, we beat GB but couldnt beat GB AND the refs, we've beaten teams when they were on winning streaks and had winning records who were playing for there lives. our schedule was 10x harder than atlanta's and we made the playoffs. god i wish we could play tampa twice in one season...ur fluff teams were easier than our fluff teams too.

[quote user="atl dirtbag"]
    and a breakdown of the giants schedule shows they too only beat 1 playoff team (N.E) as well.

common oponents:

both lost to saints (falcons twice)
    both lost to packers

falcons beat seahawks - giants loss seahawks
    falcons beat eagles - giants split win/loss eagles

falcons 4-4 on road, giants 4-4 at home

falcons 2-3 outdoors

so really nothing gained by looking the schedules. all fairly even.

i see this game coming down to the turnover margin. who ever wins that battle wins the game.
    falcons +8, giants +7 so all very tight

[/quote]

except our schdeule was the hardest ranked schedule and urs was like the 22nd hardest schedule.

we;re battle tested without a doubt. i dont know if we can say that about atlanta no offense.

[quote user="BornLegend"]We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.[/quote]
    You're right. I expect us to win this game, but at least the Falcs beat all the garbage teams on their schedule.