+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the "Redskins" name offensive?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    Isn't a redskin an indian?
    Isnt a cracker a white person? A n- a black person? Theres words for jews for italians for asians etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Isnt a cracker a white person? A n- a black person? Theres words for jews for italians for asians etc.
    +1

Banned

There would never be a team called the New Jersey Crackers or something like that or the Carolina N-s or anything like that, but there has been a team named Redskins for a very long time but now its a problem? Why because Obama said so or a couple old folks got together and decided its offensive after all these years? i see where you are coming from but if it stayed all these years why ***** now?

Veteran
    There would never be a team called the New Jersey Crackers or something like that or the Carolina N-s or anything like that, but there has been a team named Redskins for a very long time but now its a problem? Why because Obama said so or a couple old folks got together and decided its offensive after all these years? i see where you are coming from but if it stayed all these years why ***** now?
    Ignorance, is why. I honestly didnt know redskin was a derogatory term either. Its common sense, if something is wrong, its wrong. And its not like a team changing their name is some unprecedented thing

Banned
    Ignorance, is why. I honestly didnt know redskin was a derogatory term either. Its common sense, if something is wrong, its wrong. And its not like a team changing their name is some unprecedented thing

I agree but after all these years of letting it go and wanting to change it now is just crazy but thats just me

I agree but after all these years of letting it go and wanting to change it now is just crazy but thats just me
    Racism has become less tolerated. It's called progress. It is not for any of us to decide what's offensive to someone else. It's all subjective. They should change it.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Racism has become less tolerated. It's called progress. It is not for any of us to decide what's offensive to someone else. It's all subjective. They should change it.

They should vote on it

They should vote on it
    Who?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Who?

Whoever wants to change the name thats's who. If the government wants to do it then have a vote, just like they vote for the president

Whoever wants to change the name thats's who. If the government wants to do it then have a vote, just like they vote for the president
    It isn't a governmental decision to make. It's a free speech issue. Under the constitution no one can tell Snyder to change the name except the NFL. Maybe the owners should vote on it.

+ Reply to Thread