+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    Its not big of a deal if they havent changed anything yet so its not as important as you say it is

LOL....ok. I should have figured a conversation with you was risking a vortex of ridiculousness.

Go read some history on the subject and get back to me.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    LOL....ok. I should have figured a conversation with you was risking a vortex of ridiculousness.

No need to act like a dbag
    Last edited by Giantsrangers; 10-20-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Banned

And just because it bothers people doesn't mean ****, too bad get over it and stop being so sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    No need to act like a dbag
    I almost choked laughing at this.
    FB, obviously when you make too much sense, and challenge him to educate himself on the subject, you are a dbag... and sensitive.
    In any case, this subject has bounced around for at least 20+ years. It is why St. John's University changed their nick name from Redmen, to Red Storm... From their own athletic web page,
    http://www.redstormsports.com/genrel/092909aad.html

Quoting from it. "The decision was made to change the "Redmen" nickname in 1994. At the time, colleges nationwide were becoming more sensitive to mounting Native American concerns in reference to collegiate and professional team nicknames that reference Native American culture. Although the nickname "Redmen" was instituted because the athletes at St. John's wore red, and did not have an original basis in Native American culture, it did evolve into a nickname that referenced Native American symbology. St. John's wanted to make a change that would stay true to its tradition, but also be distinctive and unique. Thus, the new nickname Red Storm was born."
    Redmen had been their nick name for over 50 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I almost choked laughing at this.
    FB, obviously when you make too much sense, and challenge him to educate himself on the subject, you are a dbag... and sensitive.
    In any case, this subject has bounced around for at least 20+ years. It is why St. John's University changed their nick name from Redmen, to Red Storm... From their own athletic web page,
    http://www.redstormsports.com/genrel/092909aad.html

Quoting from it. "The decision was made to change the "Redmen" nickname in 1994. At the time, colleges nationwide were becoming more sensitive to mounting Native American concerns in reference to collegiate and professional team nicknames that reference Native American culture. Although the nickname "Redmen" was instituted because the athletes at St. John's wore red, and did not have an original basis in Native American culture, it did evolve into a nickname that referenced Native American symbology. St. John's wanted to make a change that would stay true to its tradition, but also be distinctive and unique. Thus, the new nickname Red Storm was born."
    Redmen had been their nick name for over 50 yrs.
    Yeah...I let him bother me once before and that's my bad, but it's clear he's not very bright and I can just let it go now. I tried to have an intelligent debate with him, but he'd rather be stubborn and combative than educated.

Back on point.....Syracuse went through 2 name changes. The were The Saltine Warriors at one time, then the Orangemen to now just The Orange. Seems that they felt the "men" part didn't properly represent the women's sports program.
    Last edited by FBomb; 10-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Yeah...I let him bother me once before and that's my bad, but it's clear he's not very bright and I can just let it go now. I tried to have an intelligent debate with him, but he'd rather be stubborn and combative than educated.

Back on point.....Syracuse went through 2 name changes. The were The Saltine Warriors at one time, then the Orangemen to now just The Orange. Seems that they felt the "men" part didn't properly represent the women's sports program.

i bothered you? lol someone got to you over an internet forum? ouch. you think i care about being right or wrong here? i'm here to talk about the giants, not to argue with people like you. I could care less what you think of me, this is a place to make the time go by quicker and not once did you bother me and you never came close to bothering me. I laughed through this whole "argument" we had because at the end of the day you and me have better things to worry about than the redskins or the giants record, whether its bills, kids, family, etc...I haven't been here long so i'm sort of new but i see you have been here almost 10 years and you were bothered by me, imagine what else bothered you in those 9+ years. Lighten up, i'm not insulting your intelligence and nor am i trying to be right, i don't care for you one bit but i'm just letting you know that its sad i got to you over the internet and if being right over the internet means that much then your life outside of the internet must not be all that.

It has nothing to do with being right or wrong but how I let it bother me that you attacked my personal life in the other thread. I owned up to my shortcomings about that and now I'm over it. I just see you a lot more clearly now. If you'll excuse me from any further conversations with you I have more important things to attend to......like cleaning the scum off of my shoes. So long.

Banned
    [QUOTE=FBomb;937260]It has nothing to do with being right or wrong but how I let it bother me that you attacked my personal life in the other thread. I owned up to my shortcomings about that and now I'm over it. I just see you a lot more clearly now. If you'll excuse me from any further conversations with you I have more important things to attend to......like cleaning the scum off of my shoes. So long.[/

I attacked your personal life? how?

...just change it to Warriors like I said on page 1, keep the colors, the iconography EXCEPT the "Indian head", switch the "R and feathers" to a "W and feathers"

It's really not a big deal to change. The Oilers became the Titans, the Browns became the Ravens, and so on.

Even if people aren't falling over dead in the streets due to a moniker or nickname it doesn't change the fact that the moniker was born in time when racial insensitivity or blatant racism was tolerated.

ergo, times have changed, change too.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI