+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST OUTSIDE GUARD TO DRAFT? Jake Matthrew or Taylor Lewan???

BEST OUTSIDE GUARD TO DRAFT? Jake Matthrew or Taylor Lewan???

If were in position would you rather take Matthews or Jake Lewan???

I think Matthews is more a weaksider , Where as Lewan is more of a Right Outside Guard in mold of Kareem McKenzie which would move Pugh inside and eventually to the Left Outside his natural position

*Last time we has a dominant run-game is when we had McKenzie

... And I like Anthony Steen for one of the Inside Guard slots perhaps replace Snee???

???

I didn't mean to repeat posts. It was a mistake

So you mean an offensive tackle.

I wouldn't mind Matthews if the top defensive players are all gone.

Veteran
    Outside guard

Banned
    Lol outside guard. That's a first!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TRUEBLUE View Post
    If were in position would you rather take Matthews or Jake Lewan???

I think Matthews is more a weaksider , Where as Lewan is more of a Right Outside Guard in mold of Kareem McKenzie which would move Pugh inside and eventually to the Left Outside his natural position

*Last time we has a dominant run-game is when we had McKenzie

... And I like Anthony Steen for one of the Inside Guard slots perhaps replace Snee???

???
    I think Matthews is the better prospect overall.However I don't think we will pick him. I believe we may pick a Guard at the top of the 2nd round though. Here is some recent Oline cuts I made of guards and centers. Gabe Jackson is the only 1 of these thats considered an early round pick. The RG from FLorida is a middle rounder the Center is borderline draftable. I have noticed in the past once u get past the Top notch centers in the class most of the time they convert other lineman to the position.

I think the Giants go FA at Guard for at least 1 new starter possibly 2. I expect 1 will be a band aid 1 or 2 year deal while a guy like Anthony Steen gets drafted and groomed for the spot while the other will be a plug and play immediate starter like Jon Asomah of the Chiefs

Gabe Jackson vs LSU 2013 he is the LG

and

Jon Halapio RG and Jonotthan Harrison Center vs LSU 2013

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.

They do need another OT mid- late rounds.

They have no depth there at all if Beatty or Pugh gets hurt after Diehl leaves.

It's hard for me to take anything you just wrote seriously when you called them 'outside guards'. That being said Matthews is the better prospect. I like him better than Joeckel last year, better run blocker.

If Baylor OG Cyril Richardson makes it to our pick in the second round I don't know how you can pass on him. Guards aren't usually valued as top fifteen picks so I would wait until at least the second round to draft and inside offensive lineman. Jake Matthews would be my pick in the first if I had to choose from any. I'd slot him at LT, move Will Beatty to RT, Pugh to RG, and possibly sign or draft another. Boothe and Diehl could be gone and Snee might be forced to retire. Not only is the front office going to have to look for starters a few positions but they might want to provide the team with o-line depth next year in case a debacle like this happens again.

Gabe Jackson RD2?.. Sign me up!
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

+ Reply to Thread