+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Coughlin now on the hot seat

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/...-tomlin-week-5

i disagree he is on the hot seat after 2 sb's the giants may however try to convince him to retire but even that im not sure.

Tomlin? Eh....doubt it.

Coughlin's a different story.

Tom Coughlin has been on the hot seat so many times his behind looks like day old burnt bacon.
    Two Super Bowls have permently crushed every idea of Tom being on the hot seat, but starting 0-6 is not something even the loyal Giants owners want to see.
    As we all know it was reported Tom will have the decision to stay or leave at the end of the season. I agree, he has earned it.

doesnt he always have the decision to leave? so thats not really anything new they came out with. i think the part of he can stay if he wants is what they will go with.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Tom Coughlin has been on the hot seat so many times his behind looks like day old burnt bacon.
    Two Super Bowls have permently crushed every idea of Tom being on the hot seat, but starting 0-6 is not something even the loyal Giants owners want to see.
    As we all know it was reported Tom will have the decision to stay or leave at the end of the season. I agree, he has earned it.
    ENOUGH WITH HE EARNED IT - PRODUCE NOW OR GET OUT -- THIS IS BUSINESS
    Last edited by Mick Jagger; 10-11-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    ENOUGH WITH HE EARNED IT - PRODUCE NOW OR GET THE F OUT -- THIS IS BUSINESS

there is no hot seat for Coughlin

this is pure silliness

I can all but guarantee you that the thought of Coughlins employment status has not even crossed John Maras mind at this point in time

I have known John my whole life and I know he does not work that way

For the record, he hasn't done a good job of coaching since their SB year in '11. Last year we were dismal the 2nd half of the season, and some people could say that they saw this terrible season coming based on how we played second half of last year. I will always be grateful for two SBs but when the season is over he should move on.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

this is pure silliness

I can all but guarantee you that the thought of Coughlins employment status has not even crossed John Maras mind at this point in time

i agree , do you think they may take him to the side and quietly convince him to step down. or if we miss the playoffs again next season?

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

this is pure silliness

Agree -- what I've heard from people who knew Wellington Mara confirms this. He hired TC as much for his integrity as his coaching ability. John won't compromise that. He'll get something done, but it's still too early to know what or how, and he won't feed the WFAN crowd until then.
    Last edited by notcedricjones; 10-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.