+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most surprising players: Good and Bad

Most surprising players: Good and Bad

What players have surprised you this year in both good and bad ways? Doesnít have to be from your own team, but Iím going to pick from my own team for now.

Good surprise: Doug Free.

This guy sucked so bad last year. Like, some of the worst play from a tackle Iíve ever seen. But this year Free is rated as the best tackle in the entire league by PFF. And while PFF doesnít have much merit with their rankings, I canít say I disagree. The guy has played exceptionally well, and actually had his best two games against his toughest two opponents: Justin Houston and Chris Long.

Bad surprise: Morris Claiborne

This guy was really solid as a rookie but has regressed a ton. Obviously there were thoughts that he would struggle in the new scheme since it didnít play to his strengths, but even when heís in man coverage the guy has looked completely overwhelmed. Very strange for a guy with as much talent as him.

Bad surprise: Miles Austin.

Ryan Tannehill has suprised me, I honestly thought we wouldn't do anothing in this league at the QB position
    Eli is my bad suprise lol bad Eli has returned
    Last edited by B-Red22; 10-16-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill has suprised me, I honestly thought we would do anothing in this league at the QB position
    Eli is my bad suprise lol bad Eli has returned
    I agree with the Tannehill comment. I really felt like he was Stephen McGee but slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Bad surprise: Miles Austin.
    Yup. Thought it would be a big year for Austin (1000--1100 yds 8 tds). But the hamstrings... damn those hamstrings.

good surprise- Reggie Bush

Bad surprise- RG3

All-Pro
    On your Cowboys it is the guys you are plugging on your line. Selvie I think is his name and some of the other guys you picked up on the DL are playing really well

I think Chris Johnson with the Titans, to me is a surprise in the bad sense. I thought the signing of Levitre and drafting of Warmack was what he needed to get back to form.

Jordan Cameron for the Browns and maybe even Julius Thomas from the Broncos good surprises for their respective teams.
    Charles Clay from the Dolphins seems to have improved and pleasantly surprised some this season

Good: Keenan Allen. I thought it'd take him a year or two to acclimate, but he's solidified his role already. Malcom Floyd has lost his job.

Bad: CJ Spiller. What the hell. Seriously.

+ Reply to Thread