+ Reply to Thread

Would we even have enough cap space to sign the #1 overall draft pick?

Let's just say we finish as the worst team in the league, would we even have cap space to sign the #1 pick i the draft with the mess our cap is in now? Discuss.

UMMMMM -- Yes we would --- The better question would be -- Why wouldn't we have enough cap space to sign the #1 overall pick?? At any rate the "NEW" contract has made draft picks salaries very affordable.

Under the "OLD" players contract I really don't think we would have the cap space to sign him though. The Giants would have had to do a lot of shuffleing around and release a few players to do it

Bench Player
    Yes, because we are going to slash cap like nobodys business this offseason. Lots of bloat that will be off the books when it's said and done.

I highly doubt we will get the top pick though. We won't have a worse record than JAX or TB, or probably MINN (especially after we win tomorrow). 4th pick might be our best case scenario at this point.

Yes. 2013 cap is far from a reflection of 2014's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by airban View Post
    Yes, because we are going to slash cap like nobodys business this offseason. Lots of bloat that will be off the books when it's said and done.

I highly doubt we will get the top pick though. We won't have a worse record than JAX or TB, or probably MINN (especially after we win tomorrow). 4th pick might be our best case scenario at this point.

You sound very confident that we beat Minnesota

We won't have the number 1 pick. That much I'm certain of. Top 5 to Top 10 unless we pull a 10 game win streak out of our ***.

Hey even picking 4th in every round your going to get some darn good quality players
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Im almost to the point where I want the number 1 pick we arent making the playoffs anyway. It would not be beneficial to this team to go 6-4 the rest of the way

Next year the money still on the cap for Canty and Osi is gone which is about 6 million. Than u cut Snee which is 7.25 million, I think we should cut or redo a deal for Rolle for less money that should free up 7.25 more, Justin Tuck comes off the cap, we are cutting Brandon Myers 100% thats 3.25 million. OPlus we were about 12 million under anyway