+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for everyone that wanted Poyer.. Including myself

for everyone that wanted Poyer.. Including myself

Eagles waived CB Jordan Poyer.
    A seventh-round pick, Poyer had been relegated to special teams the last five weeks after playing 17 defensive snaps in the season opener. The Eagles were considering moving him to safety prior to his release and will likely re-sign him to the active roster or practice squad if he clears waivers.
    Oct 19 - 1:28 PM
    source: Rotoworld

Veteran
    if a porous defense like the eagles waive you, then you must not be very good.

Weird. I wanted him. Thought he would be a 3rd rounder. Wonder what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Weird. I wanted him. Thought he would be a 3rd rounder. Wonder what happened.
    I would pick him up we have limited young talent at CB. This season is lost anyway
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.

I'd pick em up in a second! I'd give Poyer and Charles James some playing time. They both have some talent, and even though they would be alot of finesse, they would at least make some plays on the ball for us, and both have solid instincts..

I thought Poyer was a 1st rd type talent coming out. I loved em. But, its a tough game, and being wrong about prospects comes with the territory.. Still, hes very talented, and very athletic(former baseball player), who is instinctive and has enough size to survive on the outside..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd pick em up in a second! I'd give Poyer and Charles James some playing time. They both have some talent, and even though they would be alot of finesse, they would at least make some plays on the ball for us, and both have solid instincts..

I thought Poyer was a 1st rd type talent coming out. I loved em. But, its a tough game, and being wrong about prospects comes with the territory.. Still, hes very talented, and very athletic(former baseball player), who is instinctive and has enough size to survive on the outside..
    He tested awful at the combine thats why he fell

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Eh. I didn't let that bother me. He prooved his athletic ability by AVG'ing 14yrds on punt returns and being a multi sport stud at Oregon St.. He lead the PAC12 in picks 2times, and he racked up solid tackle numbers while at State also.. He can ball.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 10-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.

I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.
    . . . and now he's been cut, so this situation sort of undermines your point . . .

Teams didnt believe he was fast enough to play CB in the NFL.Its probably the 1 position it matters. CB's need to sit on shorter routes than when the receiver reaches their hip flip and run if u dont have superior speed u will get beat vertically. Poyer ran a 4.54 thats right on the borderline to where CB production drops off a cliff
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread