+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aqib Talib

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sure they would sign for just free gas to the stadium.
    A couple of $5 hot dogs yeah no problem

WOW IMAGINE THAT CB TANDEM... SCARY.

My obvious point is that they would cost a fortune and probably prevent us from dealing with other needs on the team,...like interior O line.
    Well, it isn't like corner isn't a big need, too. And last I saw we'll have $30m+ in cap space next season.

Giants are going to have alot of Cap space next year but i dont see a long term deal being done

lol i swear every thread plays out the same way...

but it would be interesting. I dunno bout Talib and NYC tho. Browner would be intriguing. we def. are going to need at least depth at corner. i think prince and hosely could be solid. i also liked what i saw from mcbride he looks to have good mirror ability with receivers downfield, he just seems to also have the same issues t2 had vs the jump ball type pass...we r getting younger tho without even realizing it. browns injury was really unfortunate bc w.hill/s.brown at S and Prince and Hosely at the 2 corners with t2 as the nickelback coulda showed us what we had in the future...theres def talent there but a guy like browner or maybe even talib...

also what is the situation with our DC? thats prob the most paramount issue as Id trust Talib way more in man than in a zone based scheme.imo.

Can't put too much stock in Hosley, can't stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Well, it isn't like corner isn't a big need, too. And last I saw we'll have $30m+ in cap space next season.
    You have to look at the reasons for that cap space. We will have to sign a lot of guys to field a team.
    So its not like we will have a full roster and $30MM in cap space.
    Get well soon 80.

You have to look at the reasons for that cap space. We will have to sign a lot of guys to field a team.
    So its not like we will have a full roster and $30MM in cap space.
    That's why I hope we trade back for draft picks. Would rather have a bunch of rookies on rookie contracts that at least are young and eager to prove themselves as NFL material than washed up vets. Also it would hopefully signify to Coughlin that running an overly complicated system isn't going to fly anymore...

I still can't get Talib getting owned by Nicks last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    yeah we should be fine with the cap next year but apparently its hard to explain that to people on this board who seem to just want to be sarcastic, they know who they are...