+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eric ebron 2nd round or jace Amaro 3rd round pick?

Exclamation eric ebron 2nd round or jace Amaro 3rd round pick?

i think we all agree that the giants have more important needs than tight end but as we know the giants take the player with the highest grade and these players are VERY intriguing

First Off

ERIC EBRON TE NORTH CAROLINA 6'4 245lbs
    2013 SEASON 31 REC 532 YDS 17.2 AVG 71 LNG 3TD This is through 6 games

Strengths: Athletic enough to be split outside and use his size to post-up against smaller cornerbacks, Ebron is a true mismatch. His size, strength and aggression also make him an effective blocker at the point of attack.

--Rob Rang

Then Jace Amaro Texas Tech 6'5 260 through 7 games

2013 SEASON 56 REC 742YDS 13.3 yards AVG 47 LNG 3 TD

Lining up mostly in the slot, Amaro is a big, fluid athlete who uses his thick body to gain proper positioning in coverage and uses his large, soft mitts to attack the ball in the air. He is a balanced route-runner and collects himself when changing direction with smooth moves to create separation. Amaro is dangerous after the catch and isn't an easy ballcarrier to bring down, running with power and toughness.

receiving tightend but i think he has good size to become the blocker he is needed to be

--Rob Rang

now can you just imagine the stuff our tightend coach could do with these guys
    Last edited by BigBlueBeatsU; 10-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.

It all depends on who else is on the board, but given how the tight end position looks, it can remain a feasible scenario. I've been quite impressed with Ebron.

I love both of em. Ebron is a freak! Amaro has the size to become a really good blocker if a TE coach puts in the time, plus hes a amazing pass catcher.. I think both are late 1st, 2nd rd talents..

which one do you guys like more ,considering that both will most likely end with around 1200-1300yards and over 10 touchdowns they both are great ,i think amaro has more potential but ive watched a north carolina game and ebron is really good too

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    which one do you guys like more ,considering that both will most likely end with around 1200-1300yards and over 10 touchdowns they both are great ,i think amaro has more potential but ive watched a north carolina game and ebron is really good too
    If ELI is the QB, i think Amaro makes more sense. If we were to get a Mariota type, i'd think Ebron would make more sense..

It depends on who the coach is we will probably have at the very least a new OC

I really like Ebron. Who wouldn't?

But, I just don't know how well he works inside our current offense. He is more of a WR than a TE. My preference would be that we actually stop being so rigid in our ways and find ways to use weapons like Ebron.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I really like Ebron. Who wouldn't?

But, I just don't know how well he works inside our current offense. He is more of a WR than a TE. My preference would be that we actually stop being so rigid in our ways and find ways to use weapons like Ebron.
    Exactly. Mariota and Ebron would work, but ELI and Ebron would probably not, becuase we would depend to much on basic run and drop back plays to often . A offense that needs blocking outta there TE's more then wideopen attacks with run/pass option qbs..Amaro has a big body and could possibly fill out more, and with Pope could become a dynamic blocker if worked on his craft..

I'd take Ebron in the late 1st, and Amaro late 1st, to mid 2nd.. Thats how much i like those 2..

i think amaro is more of a 2nd round dude because if there sefrian jenkins too that would be 3 first round tightends but i wouldnt be surprised if someone reached he could turn into a jimmy graham type player

Problem with Amaro is he doesnt inline block at all. Since we need a re TE to be a road grader in this offense he isnt a good fit.Now if we had a different offense my opinion would change, The best guy for this team is Jenkins

+ Reply to Thread