+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Problem with Amaro is he doesnt inline block at all. Since we need a re TE to be a road grader in this offense he isnt a good fit.Now if we had a different offense my opinion would change, The best guy for this team is Jenkins
    You don't think Amaro can improve on his blocking? he certainly has the size to do it. I agree, Seferian Jenkins is the best fit, but with Amaros size, i would figure we could get him to improve on his blocking like we did with Kevin Boss..

Amaro had another brillian offensive game today against Oklahoma.. Kids flat out amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    You don't think Amaro can improve on his blocking? he certainly has the size to do it. I agree, Seferian Jenkins is the best fit, but with Amaros size, i would figure we could get him to improve on his blocking like we did with Kevin Boss..
    He is coming from an Offense where he isnt used at all in line. It depends if Gilbride and Coughlin are here

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is coming from an Offense where he isnt used at all in line. It depends if Gilbride and Coughlin are here
    I get that. But were talking about blocking. He has the nessecary size if he goes to a offense that has good coaches. I mean, its not like hes played for Texas Tech forever. In a couple yrs, he'd of been with his new NFL team fora couple yrs. I think he can be taught to be a in line blocker because of his size. It just begs the question, do you think hes that much better then Serferian Jenkins to go through with the hassle of teaching em?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I get that. But were talking about blocking. He has the nessecary size if he goes to a offense that has good coaches. I mean, its not like hes played for Texas Tech forever. In a couple yrs, he'd of been with his new NFL team fora couple yrs. I think he can be taught to be a in line blocker because of his size. It just begs the question, do you think hes that much better then Serferian Jenkins to go through with the hassle of teaching em?
    The problem is teaching him equates to another year or 2 of being a sideline superstar. As you know, we have too much of that already. If you are talking about a guy who is on a 4 year rookie contract who gets limited action for 2 years before hitting the open market. Most TEs today don't want to play in line because there is a perception that it shortens careers. Furthermore, the NFL really only values pass catchers as "historical great" TEs, which is nonsense but true none the less. So the chances are that most TEs who prefer being split out will leave for a team that uses them as such when their 4 years is up.

Furthermore, there is always a the chance that he wont learn. Some guys never do get it. People always assume it can be taught, but there is a mistake in that line of thinking. They always say Olinemen are typically the smartest guys on the team because they have to be to understand the complicated NFL blocking schemes. Well, this applies to inline TEs too because they are basically just an extra tackle on about half the plays they are on the field(in this offense.) So teaching a guy to be inline is not as easy as some might think. It required a certain tenacity some people do not have and it requires an intellect some players do not have either.