+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vontaze Burfict

Vontaze Burfict

Who's still upset that Reese did not draft or even sign that man? He's still a tackle monster that improves the defense, imagine him and Jon Beason together! Why Reese?! WHY?!

Sorry, been watching some of his games the last two years and it still ticks me off we didn't sign him.

Gambles look great when they go in your favor....let's just be happy we got Beason which is a steal

He's an ILB if I'm not mistaken, so him and Beason would have never been a reality.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Gambles look great when they go in your favor....let's just be happy we got Beason which is a steal
    This is true, if he stays healthy, but I remember seeing Burfict play for two years back when he was in college and thinking, "If the Giants draft this guy, they'll have one hell of a LB." The fact he dropped so far because of his personal issues and that we didn't pick him up makes me mad. The guy maybe crazy, but that's what makes a great LB, just look at LT being coked up all the time lol, but he was crazy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post
    This is true, if he stays healthy, but I remember seeing Burfict play for two years back when he was in college and thinking, "If the Giants draft this guy, they'll have one hell of a LB." The fact he dropped so far because of his personal issues and that we didn't pick him up makes me mad. The guy maybe crazy, but that's what makes a great LB, just look at LT being coked up all the time lol, but he was crazy as well.
    Yea the kid is a beast, I have him on my fantasy team lol....that being said, it was a gamble and in hindsight it looks great.

I don't think Reese addressed the LB situation well but Burfict was one guy I was willing to pass on at the time, as most teams did

Yea the kid is a beast, I have him on my fantasy team lol....that being said, it was a gamble and in hindsight it looks great.

I don't think Reese addressed the LB situation well but Burfict was one guy I was willing to pass on at the time, as most teams did
    The guy seemed like a head case. We just don't take those kind of chances in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The guy seemed like a head case. We just don't take those kind of chances in the first round.
    The guy went undrafted but I agree, we've brought in some trouble makers (Manningham, Bradshaw, Will Hill...etc) but Vontaze was notorious

It was a gamble no doubt, but I saw the guy would be a monster on the field. I was wary at first, but after watching his last college season, I knew he was a future NFL Pro-Bowl caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    First round, yeah, but when he went undrafted, 30 minutes after the draft I was screaming "SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM!!!!" Lol

The guy went undrafted but I agree, we've brought in some trouble makers (Manningham, Bradshaw, Will Hill...etc) but Vontaze was notorious
    MM, AB, and Hill all had isolated incidents. Vontaze had several incidents that discouraged scouts.