Round 3-Jackson Jeffcoat-DE

Round 4-Chris Burnette-OG

Round 5-Ross C_ckrell-CB

Round 6-Cody Hoffman-WR

Round 7-Tim Flanders-RB

We are not taking a QB in the first

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Agreed. Whats with everyone thinking we need to draft a QB.. Do you not see the other GLARING holes we have. Surround Eli with some talent, that formula has worked in the past.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Stop with the qb b.s. It is ludicrous to draft one when we have Eli in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    this is true.. probally Matthews or Clowney

Good QB's teams win, end of story. Why do you think Andrew Luck took over a horrible 1win team and since, they've been awesome? Why do u think Aaron Rodgers team is always a top team to contend with? Why do you think other then one yr without there HC, the Saints are pretty much a beast to deal with every yr? WHy do you think the Patriots don't ever miss the postseason?

Of course, we need to consider a QB. A QB as good as those guys will have us in the postseason every yr. Look at what Russell WIlson is doing for Seattle? I mean, come on.. We got a QB whos gonna be 33yrs old and about to lead the league in picks. Do you honestly think that happens to QB's who are still awesome?

The reason why people mock QBs to us right now is simple. We are 1-6, Eli is playing horrible and we should be in a rare position to get another franchise QB. Its not every year we have a top 5 pick. Last time we did, we drafted Eli. Everyone gets excited about the idea of something new and exciting.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

The packers lost James Jones and Randall Cobb, and are playing with a rookie RB, and the offense keeps on rolling. They lost there starting TE last wk, and i'll bet, it dosen't even phase that offense. Why? Because Aaron Rodgers, thats why! Make all the excuses you want for ELI, but guys deal with this stuff all the time, and still win..

I'm not for drafting a QB but I'm a big fan of Mariota. Can't say I'd be disappointed knowing they have their next franchise QB to take over for Eli in a few years.

OL is a huge and glaring concern though and you only have Burnette in the 4th? Likely, he won't even play as a rookie here. Maybe you have them addressing OL in FA....if you do, I'd like to hear about it cause I wouldn't be too happy overall.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The packers lost James Jones and Randall Cobb, and are playing with a rookie RB, and the offense keeps on rolling. They lost there starting TE last wk, and i'll bet, it dosen't even phase that offense. Why? Because Aaron Rodgers, thats why! Make all the excuses you want for ELI, but guys deal with this stuff all the time, and still win..
    Eli actually did that in 2011 with UDFA's Cruz and Ballard playing as starters. This year has been different though. Even though in 2011 the Giants were one of the worst rushing teams and defense in points scored, Eli got it done.....it's not the same as this year where the OL can't only not run block, but they can't even pass block. There's not a lot a QB can do under those circumstances.

Hell, Tom Brady has one of the best OL's and he's still having a bad season with just weapons problems.

+ Reply to Thread