+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why are there so many seats available?

I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking. Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value? I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday? I'm confused

Re: Why are there so many seats available?

Many STH that I kknow are selling their playoff tix or not even buying them. So if they don then the Giants org has too. It sucks. Never an issue years ago with so many tix available. At least I don think so.

Great that tix are available to people who ohterwise wouldnt be able to gobut at the same time it shows that there is a waining fanbase who wants to go or cant afford to go.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

Lost of factors to consider. It's a lot of money to pay especially after the holidays. The Giants have been inconsistent and some may be happy about the playoffs but still have their doubts. Honestly, watching it at home is a lot of fun. No traffic and it's free.

Lots of reasons why, but money is probably #1. Make them half price they would have a waiting list in 10 minutes.

I think a lot has to do with cost......just coming off the holidays......everyone who shelled out money for the Cowboys game probably doesn't want to do the same for the Falcons game and PSL holders missing the boat on filing the playoff paperwork for either lack of faith, tight funds or just missing the notices. I know at least 4 PSL holders who "claim" (using that term lightly) that they never received notice and refuse to buy tickets through Stub-Hub, Ticketmaster, etc......because they want "their" seats.

Pretty sure Jet-Blue sent out a section from the Giants PSL agreement that says something along the lines of "if the PSL holder refuses the ticket option the tickets are then offered to the public however if they fail to sell to the public the PSL holder is then required to purchase them." I THINK THAT'S WHAT IT SAID......don't hold me to it.

Banned

MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better?

MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent.

This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.

Veteran

[quote user="GiantsYanks"]I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking. Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value? I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday? I'm confused
    [/quote]

Below face value? Lol,certainly not the case on stubhub and the prices listed do not include fees:

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-gian...-2012-2782182/

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="Manning"]MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better?

MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent.

This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.[/quote]

I've been to about 30 games at the Ralph in Buffalo, New York over the last ten years. I moved down to Brooklyn last August, and went to training camp at Giants stadium, then caught a game this season for the first time outside of Buffalo.

That stadium is the tits. Be grateful that we have something that doesn't look like it will collapse at any moment, and ownership that is willing to make changes. I know comparing the Giants and Bills economically is drastically different, but as someone who is a fan of both, I am very happy with the steps the Giants ownership have taken over the last couple of years.

Have you been to a game in Western New York before?

[quote user="GiantsYanks"]I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking.* Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value?* I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday?* I'm confused
    [/quote]

Two words: Ronald Reagan
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

[quote user="Manning"]MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof. Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better? MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent. This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.[/quote]

So you would have sit in the rain and cold for 4 hours in th eold stadium but not this one?? Was the rain and cold different back then??

They got the Super Bowl coming in 2014 as well.

I hear you but the stadium is not a debacle.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="Manning"]MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.[/quote]

I've been to about 30 games at the Ralph in Buffalo, New York over the last ten years. I moved down to Brooklyn last August, and went to training camp at Giants stadium, then caught a game this season for the first time outside of Buffalo.

That stadium is the tits. Be grateful that we have something that doesn't look like it will collapse at any moment, and ownership that is willing to make changes. I know comparing the Giants and Bills economically is drastically different, but as someone who is a fan of both, I am very happy with the steps the Giants ownership have taken over the last couple of years.

Have you been to a game in Western New York before?[/quote]

I don't know what you are arguing. Yes MetLife doesn't look like it going to collapse, but the stadium has too many flaws for the prices.

It is not bad attending once a year or every other year, but being a season ticketholder sucks. Going to the games has become a hassle now, and it gets magnified when my pockets gouged for every possible penny.

If the game is close and everyone leaves at the sametime and you are on the 300 level, it takes over 30 minutes to get outside the stadium and on to the concourse. That is UNACCEPTABLE (And I'm not even exaggerating - I have tried taking the escalators, ramps, and stair in these situations) . At Giants stadium it was less than 5 minutes, by taking one escalator down.