+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

If the Giants do have the first pick in the draft.

If they had the first pick in this years draft and there was a team willing to trade a player for that pick who would people want it to be?

I'm not sure I'd want Clowney. I just don't know what he has over other DE's in the league that would separate him so much.

I really like what I see in Jameis Winston. He just tore up Clemson the other night. Never seen such a mature and progressed young QB. I would love a QB like that in NY.

Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and the fact he's brought 50% of our Lombardi's back to NY, but at the same time ten years with the same QB with a personality like Eli's just tends to grow old and bland on you. I want someone to lead our team with passion, hype, and excitement. You don't really see that from Eli unless he's acting on SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If they had the first pick in this years draft and there was a team willing to trade a player for that pick who would people want it to be?
    Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.

If we are at #1, which we wont be, then we trade the pick to the Jags or Bucs for their 1st rounder (2nd or 3rd) and additional picks in this years and next years draft, including next years 1st.

Thats how you rebuild an older fading team. And we still could land Clowney if Jags take Bridgewater, Bucs take Mariota.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonenc View Post
    Don't necessarily want a player. I would trade back a few spots and pick up an additional three or maybe a two.
    ^ this. the Giants need impact players.

Clowney is a flat out beast,since he came back he's been playing great even with being double and on some occasion's tripple teamed.

This. We need quantity of draft picks.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

+1

Let's just do what the Boston Celtics did. Trade away your whole current roster so you can have about 9 first round draft picks in the next 6 years.

I think having Clowney and JPP as our DE's would help alot our dline a lot. The OL can be quick fixed. If Clowney is there, I say we take him. The way the oline has played of late has given me hope. I think it will be harder to fix our defense.