+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the Giants are so starved for talented players that they cannot afford the luxury of an early 1st round pick and should definitely trade the pick for more picks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think having Clowney and JPP as our DE's would help alot our dline a lot. The OL can be quick fixed. If Clowney is there, I say we take him. The way the oline has played of late has given me hope. I think it will be harder to fix our defense.
    OL CANT BE QUICK FIXED YOU IDIOT... we need 3 1st round picks to fix that abomination... If we use FA to fix the OL we're going to end up with 3 Bass's...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want Clowney. I just don't know what he has over other DE's in the league that would separate him so much.

I really like what I see in Jameis Winston. He just tore up Clemson the other night. Never seen such a mature and progressed young QB. I would love a QB like that in NY.

Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and the fact he's brought 50% of our Lombardi's back to NY, but at the same time ten years with the same QB with a personality like Eli's just tends to grow old and bland on you. I want someone to lead our team with passion, hype, and excitement. You don't really see that from Eli unless he's acting on SNL.
    Famous Jameis is a freshman. If we did end up with the first pick in the draft (which we won't) he will not even be eligible to go into the draft.

All-Pro
    Lol. Any current players you would trade the first pick in the draft for?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Jake Long, Doug Free, Andrew Whitworth, T.J. Lang

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I don't think it's worth trading for a player. If we did get the first pick, i would hope that there are two teams with top 5 picks that want the same player. Then you trade them for their first round pick and maybe their third round pick, and next years first. Kind of like the deal we made with Sand Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    If we are at #1, which we wont be, then we trade the pick to the Jags or Bucs for their 1st rounder (2nd or 3rd) and additional picks in this years and next years draft, including next years 1st.

Thats how you rebuild an older fading team. And we still could land Clowney if Jags take Bridgewater, Bucs take Mariota.
    I agree with trading the pick to move down a bit to recevie additional picks but with the team's first from this year's draft and next year's might be a lil steep although the Giants did something along those lines with Eli's trade so it might work depending on how bad the other team needs it

After watching some Alabama games I hope we draft CJ Mosley. Guy is a playmaker that can have an immediate impact on a defense bereft of talent

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    OL CANT BE QUICK FIXED YOU IDIOT... we need 3 1st round picks to fix that abomination... If we use FA to fix the OL we're going to end up with 3 Bass's...
    You have some serious issues. Cut it out with the attitude. I believe it absolutely can be quick fixed. We don't need a line full of studs. In order to have a great oline, you just a bunch of solid contributors that play well together. If Eli returns to "form", we don't even need a good oline. Adequate is all we'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    You have some serious issues. Cut it out with the attitude. I believe it absolutely can be quick fixed. We don't need a line full of studs. In order to have a great oline, you just a bunch of solid contributors that play well together. If Eli returns to "form", we don't even need a good oline. Adequate is all we'll need.
    If the Giants are committed to Eli, I think you trade back and amass O-Linemen. I don't agree that Eli needs just an adequate line. I think he needs a great O-Line. This isn't necessarily a knock on Eli. I would say the same is true for Brady.