+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So if we did have a top 3 pick in the draft.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Why? Players in the NFL do that all the time. It's about getting the next big payday.
    Ya maybe in a contract year, your talking about 1 or 2 into his contract, you think he is gonna sit out half way thru his contract? If you dont want him then why is he in your mock? A majority of people on these boards still want Osi back and he *****ed about money for 3 years straight

If Clowney is on the board I'm taking him. If he's not I'll trade back and look for a top OT. Beatty isn't the answer at LT, we can move him over to the right side and move short arms Pugh to guard if we were to draft one of the better tackles in this draft. Other than that I'd be looking at cornerback and defensive tackle (Linval Joseph's contract depending) in the top fifteen where we'll likely pick.

My top 3 will be CLowney, Mariota, and then Barr. If we can get one of them, i'll be estatic! If we pick top 5, i'd add Jake Mathews and Sammy Watkins to fill it out..

My big board for us

1). Javadeon Clowney DE S.Carolina
    2). Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
    3). Anthony Barr OLB Ucla
    4). Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
    5). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    My top 3 will be CLowney, Mariota, and then Barr. If we can get one of them, i'll be estatic! If we pick top 5, i'd add Jake Mathews and Sammy Watkins to fill it out..

My big board for us

1). Javadeon Clowney DE S.Carolina
    2). Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
    3). Anthony Barr OLB Ucla
    4). Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
    5). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    Dont know much about Sammy Watkins. Does Redeye has some game films of him? what type of WR is he?

Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    Dont know much about Sammy Watkins. Does Redeye has some game films of him? what type of WR is he?
    Explosive. Hes a deep threat, kinda in the mold of a Julio Jones type.. Redeyes probably got piles of footage of em, i think?

Hes listed at 6ft 1in 205lbs, but i see him weighing in closer to 210-215.. I think he will run a 4.47 or faster..

Veteran
    Explosive. Hes a deep threat, kinda in the mold of a Julio Jones type.. Redeyes probably got piles of footage of em, i think?
    Interesting. I wonder if Reese will even consider WR that early. It really depends on what type of talent he is.

Does he show good intial quickness? or more of a build up guy? Julio's pretty rare in that regard. Hes big, fast AND quick.

Interesting. I wonder if Reese will even consider WR that early. It really depends on what type of talent he is.

Does he show good intial quickness? or more of a build up guy? Julio's pretty rare in that regard. Hes big, fast AND quick.
    Ya, i compared em to Julio, because like Juilio, hes bigger, and yet still a deep threat who is tough take down in the open field and is more physical then ur typical Desean Jackson, Mario Manningham type deep threats.. He still needs to progress as a route runner, but his raw skills are incredible.

Explosive is the best way to describe him. Julio is very fast, we all know that from his combine. But in truth his combine came as a surprise to a lot of people. People know he was a good athlete but his numbers were insane. To me, Watkins could go to the combine and run a 4.2 and nobody would be a surprised because he is that fast on tape. His acceleration is just insane.

He also catches the ball very cleanly. You rarely see him juggle it, or 2nd catch it.

Veteran
    Assuming we aren't in position to get Clowney

1) Trade down and pick up the best available LB
    2) 2nd round, best available Guard
    3) 2nd round (should we get an extra pick from trading down, best available pass rusher)

I like Jake Matthews, but I don't think Justin Pugh is big enough for Guard. Unless he can put on some mass?

+ Reply to Thread