+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: what happens with our Defensive End situation if we draft Clowney

  1. #1

    Exclamation what happens with our Defensive End situation if we draft Clowney

    I think we get rid of tuck ? and then theres JPP Clowney and Damontre Moore ? if we start Jpp and Clowney then i think were really taking away from damontre moores potential and this situation only gets harder if we keep tuck

  2. #2
    Tuck is a free agent after this year and his performance over the last 3 season doe snot warrant resigning him.
    Last edited by B-Red22; 10-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.

  3. #3
    It's not hard at all. Sit Tuck and Moore for the better players. The end.

  4. #4
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,122
    I have no faith in Moore being anything more than an average player.

    But you need 3 DEs at a minimum. Even if he was the #3 he would play a lot.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,607
    If we don't get Clowney..we'll still have a high pick in the 2nd round.. we'll be able to get quality pass rusher there.. or you can get a quality DE in FA
    Last edited by drewz; 10-21-2013 at 06:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I have no faith in Moore being anything more than an average player.
    What makes you say this? The only time he's gotten significant playing time was the first preseason game where we was able to get consistent pressure on the Steelers first team Oline

  7. #7
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,122
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    What makes you say this? The only time he's gotten significant playing time was the first preseason game where we was able to get consistent pressure on the Steelers first team Oline
    Every time he plays he gets hurt.

    Even then, his upside was more of a Kiwi type. 8 sacks in a season is probably very optimistic for him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Every time he plays he gets hurt.

    Even then, his upside was more of a Kiwi type. 8 sacks in a season is probably very optimistic for him.
    Injuries are part of football. Its too soon to hold it against him.

    As to the "limited upside" that's your opinion and your certainly entitled to it. However, I do think we have to see more though before that can be declared as a point of fact.

    I mean the list of guys who got injured or had injury problems as a rookie then went on to have great careers is pretty long.


    All that said, you take Clowney if he is there whenever we pick.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    If we don't get Clowney..we'll still have a high pick in the 2nd round.. we'll be able to get quality pass rusher there.. or you can get a quality DE in FA
    FA pass rushers are usually an expensive venture. its possible about the 2nd have to see who is there but quality drops considerably

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,607
    Damontre Moore filled in when Tuck got hurt and was again able to get pressure and a hit or 2 on Josh Freeman

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts