+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting Stat on Turner

Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the
    percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of
    scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.

Re: Interesting Stat on Turner

[quote user="mikeq672"]Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the
    scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.[/quote]

Yet, still a beast.

Veteran

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="mikeq672"]Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.[/quote] Yet, still a beast.[/quote]

He always seemed like a product of a good run blocking O-line. Straight line runner who doesn't really make people miss but runs through tackles.

Bench Player

yes still finished 3rd in the entire league in rushing yards.

[quote user="Seducer"]

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="mikeq672"]Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.[/quote] Yet, still a beast.[/quote]

He always seemed like a product of a good run blocking O-line.* Straight line runner who doesn't really make people miss but runs through tackles.*

[/quote]

C'mon. We're Giants fans. We know the importance of an offensive line in the run game.

Just look at the guy though.

Banned

[quote user="mikeq672"]Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the

Are we last??? Because from what I watch we get tackled behind LOS 40% of the time.

Veteran

[quote user="Gonzo88"]yes still finished 3rd in the entire league in rushing yards.[/quote]

And 23rd in YPC. He gets more carries than almost anyone. Your rushing game isn't that great, better than ours but not great. The fact that you rely almost entirely on one guy makes it look better than it is.

[quote user="Manning"][quote user="mikeq672"]Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the

Are we last??? Because from what I watch we get tackled behind LOS 40% of the time.[/quote]

Are you even able to see the line of scrimmage from your 300 level seats? They're really far back...

I know the information is probably not available without research, but it would be interesting to me to know if most of those occurred on first, second or third downs. I'd guess they were mostly first down carries - but I'm not smart enough to know why I think that[:$]

Regardless of the stats heres the deal: Stop the run with turner is a must. No different than stopping Jones w/ Dallas. You make them one dimentional and than you put them in the pot and cook them up for dinner!