+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you stop this?

Veteran

Re: How do you stop this?

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</P>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</P>

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</P>

No way will Ross always be on Jones one on one for the entire game. Giants don't play exclusively man coverage. They play zone more than anything with man press mixed in and have done more man press the last two weeks. Jones is a huge threat no doubt but the pass rush and different coverage looks will help contain him and White as well as Gonzalez.</P>

[/quote] Very good point, but if you double Jones then White will be 1 on 1 and gonzo shouldn't have any problem with Boley. He stopped witten last week but Romo couldnt stay on his feet and had a f'd up hand. Clearly we will have max protection on Ryan giving him some more time to pick apart a zone defence[/quote]</P>

Few TE's this season other than Graham down in New Orleans diddamage against the Giants this year even when Boley was hurt. This includes Finley in GB, Celek in Philly, Davis in Washington, Davis in SFand yes even Gronkowski and Hernandez in New England and more. Gonzo will be a big challenge though no doubt. Giants have beaten max protect with ease the last two weeks and they are mixing upand disguising zone coverages. If Atlanta gives Ryan the time and is not harassed like the Giants can do it will be a tough one for the Giants to win. I can at least admit that.</P>
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Bench Player

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</p>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</p>

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</p>

No way will Ross always be on Jones one on one for the entire game. Giants don't play exclusively man coverage. They play zone more than anything with man press mixed in and have done more man press the last two weeks. Jones is a huge threat no doubt but the pass rush and different coverage looks will help contain him and White as well as Gonzalez.</p>[/quote]

Very good point, but if you double Jones then White will be 1 on 1 and gonzo shouldn't have any problem with Boley. He stopped witten last week but Romo couldnt stay on his feet and had a f'd up hand.

Clearly we will have max protection on Ryan giving him some more time to pick apart a zone defence[/quote]

Romo couldn't stay on his feet, but Ryan, who doesn't move as well in the pocket, and doesn't scramble as well, will have no problems.

Ugh, it's one thing to talk unbiased football, but if you want to look at the game through Falcon red colored glasses hit up the freakin' Falcons forum!
    [/quote]

Ryan also gets the ball out much faster than Blowmo. I went over there but its boring and wanted some people who only see through the blue colored glasses to give some feedback.

The Giants have the best strength of victory of any playoff team.

The Falcons have the 6th best strength of victory of all playoff teams.

They've beaten hardly anyone. If those scrub teams can some how figure out how to hold down ATLs WRs and Gonzo, I think SOME HOW the Giants will be ok.

Source:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...ory/order/true

Bench Player

[quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</P>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</P>

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</P>

No way will Ross always be on Jones one on one for the entire game. Giants don't play exclusively man coverage. They play zone more than anything with man press mixed in and have done more man press the last two weeks. Jones is a huge threat no doubt but the pass rush and different coverage looks will help contain him and White as well as Gonzalez.</P>

[/quote] Very good point, but if you double Jones then White will be 1 on 1 and gonzo shouldn't have any problem with Boley. He stopped witten last week but Romo couldnt stay on his feet and had a f'd up hand. Clearly we will have max protection on Ryan giving him some more time to pick apart a zone defence[/quote]</P>

Few TE's this season other than Graham down in New Orleans did*damage against the Giants this year even when Boley was hurt. This includes Finley in GB, Celek in Philly, Davis in Washington and yes even Gronkowski and Hernandez in New England and more. Gonzo will be a big challenge though no doubt. Giants have beaten max protect with ease the last two weeks and they are mixing up*and disguising zone coverages. If Atlanta gives Ryan the time and is not harassed like the Giants can do it will be a tough one for the Giants to win. I can at least admit that.</P>[/quote]

I 100% agree with you, the two biggest issues I think in this game will be Giants Pass Rush and Turnovers for Eli and Ryan. Both Eli Ryan make very few mistakes and who ever wins the turn over battle should win the game.

If the giants get the pass rush going early and often odds are Ryan will have the higher turn over ratio.

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</p>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</p>

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</p>

No way will Ross always be on Jones one on one for the entire game. Giants don't play exclusively man coverage. They play zone more than anything with man press mixed in and have done more man press the last two weeks. Jones is a huge threat no doubt but the pass rush and different coverage looks will help contain him and White as well as Gonzalez.</p>[/quote]

Very good point, but if you double Jones then White will be 1 on 1 and gonzo shouldn't have any problem with Boley. He stopped witten last week but Romo couldnt stay on his feet and had a f'd up hand.

Clearly we will have max protection on Ryan giving him some more time to pick apart a zone defence[/quote]

Romo couldn't stay on his feet, but Ryan, who doesn't move as well in the pocket, and doesn't scramble as well, will have no problems.

Ugh, it's one thing to talk unbiased football, but if you want to look at the game through Falcon red colored glasses hit up the freakin' Falcons forum!
    [/quote]

Ryan also gets the ball out much faster than Blowmo. I went over there but its boring and wanted some people who only see through the blue colored glasses to give some feedback.[/quote]

Just make sure you show up back on the boards after the game, regardless of the outcome. I've seen the ATL boards, so unless you want to find pictures of Giants players celebrating and come up with a catchy caption of how that makes them g.a.y. you won't be missing much over there.

Bench Player

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]The Giants have the best strength of victory of any playoff team.

They've beaten hardly anyone. If those scrub teams can some how figure out how to hold down ATLs WRs and Gonzo, I think SOME HOW the Giants will be ok.

Source:

[/quote]

Sure but all of those teams had better DB's than the giants, you ranked 29th in the league for pass def

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.

Victor Cruz Was Second In Yac For People With 50+ Catches... Only behind Julio Jones[/quote]

What is it you want stopped?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]The Giants have the best strength of victory of any playoff team.

Source:

[/quote]

Sure but all of those teams had better DB's than the giants, you ranked 29th in the league for pass def[/quote]

And all of those teams had a worse pass rush than the Giants..........See, you're not the only one who can play this game.

and please, if you're going to call Tony Romo "Blowmo" never call your QB "Matty Ice"....Romo has a ton of flaws, as well as 1 playoff win, which is 1 more than this dude who is nicknamed "Ice" some how, before he has won a playoff game lol.

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="Providence"]I'm not trying to knock you here, but extrapolating stats to reflect a years worth of production is a ludicrous way to make a point when dealing with a game like football, in a league as competitive as the NFL.

That's just my two cents of course.

Didn't Atlanta give up 13 sacks in 4 games at the begining of the season? If indeed they did, then it would be just as unfair to say that Atlanta is a 52 sacks allowed/year team.[/quote]

Fair enough put his "stats" aside, Just his physical attributes alone, I don't think you have anyone on your defence that can match up to him. Dude ran a 4.39 on a broken foot and can most likely out jump any of your DB's for a jump ball[/quote]

He's a good player but no one fears him. He's not randy moss. This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Good luck w your oline and immobile QB

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="Providence"]I'm not trying to knock you here, but extrapolating stats to reflect a years worth of production is a ludicrous way to make a point when dealing with a game like football, in a league as competitive as the NFL.

That's just my two cents of course.

Didn't Atlanta give up 13 sacks in 4 games at the begining of the season? If indeed they did, then it would be just as unfair to say that Atlanta is a 52 sacks allowed/year team.[/quote]

Fair enough put his "stats" aside, Just his physical attributes alone, I don't think you have anyone on your defence that can match up to him. Dude ran a 4.39 on a broken foot and can most likely out jump any of your DB's for a jump ball[/quote]

His is very talented and a big threat to our secondary. There is no arguing that. I am definitely fearful of what he could do. But I think the title of your thread should have been "I think Julio Jones is excellent and you don't have anyone that can stop them." That way you have would said what your truly felt, rather than hiding your feelings in a bogus stat analysis.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

+ Reply to Thread