+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Aj Mccaron thread

Depending on how this season plays out we can end up with Clowney, another first round pick that I pray is a Guard or Center, and an early second round LB.

My hope is that we get the number 2 overall pick and Cleveland gets number 3. That way, with all the teams that want a QB, Cleveland would be forced to give us both number 1's they have this year (theirs and Indys) to move up one spot to secure the QB they covet and we move down one spot to get Clowney.

A man can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    If you want a young qb that will never ever lose the game,draft him.He is schooled on making no mistakes, while also have an accurate deep ball and being able to make line audibles. I am sold on him. As far as the Alabama vs Texas a/m game...he outplayed freaken Manziel. Are people just ignoring this kid?
    A QB that will never lose a game and make no mistakes? A freaking rookie? Omg.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I like McCarron better than Nassib that's for sure. But I don't see McCarron ever being as good as Eli. AJ is a game manager who doesn't have the guts or cerebral knowledge that Eli has. McCarron would be a good backup in the NFL IMO. Maybe he could be a starter for the Browns or Jags but not an improvement over what we have now.

Aaron Murray falls into the same category as AJ does for me. I just see them both being average players at the next level.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKjjiQL8tk Watch this 10 plays and then tell me if this is game manager or an elite down field thrower?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Good joke dude, no way we take him with our first pick, I will bet whatever u want on that.
    I'm thinking he could drop into second round
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Eli is not going anywhere. If we draft a QB it's to trade for draft picks. We have so many spots to upgrade so that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I'm thinking he could drop into second round
    He could, and u wanna take him with that? Instead of taking an olineman like we need. Eli still has good years in him.

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKjjiQL8tk Watch this 10 plays and then tell me if this is game manager or an elite down field thrower?
    I don't have to watch that video. I've watched nearly every Alabama game for past three years.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Ya with the best defense in college behind him every single year he has played.
    He is surrounded by the most talent in college football looks like a back up to me

I'd be ok with McCarron actually.. Hes got a bit of size to em, is deadly accurate, isn't a total statue, albeit hes not fleet of foot, and hes a winner. I could see him win alot of games with smart, savy football, simialr to Andy Dalton, but maybe a tad less pick prone.

His NFL value will be decided after the season is over and he gets evaluated in senior bowls and other "draft season" events where he doesn't have multiple Heisman candidates in the backfield behind him, or multiple Outland trophy candidates on the Oline in front of him.

There are some problems with him though. 1) He stares WRs down. 2) Alabama's offense does not heap a lot on QBs. It is a pretty basic pass offense for QBs. Often there is just 1 read and 2 progressions. If A is open throw it there if not then dump it off to B or throw it away. Lastly, he doesn't have a lot of experienced being uncomfortable. He almost always has 4+ seconds to throw. He rarely has to slide or step up into the pocket because of pressure. When he does a play action to a guy like Mark Ingram, or Trent Richardson, or Eddie lacy, teams absolutely must respect that fake.

That is why it is nearly impossible to really evaluate him. He basically doesn't play in NFL conditions. There are some things to like. But he wont ever be an early pick unless he partakes in things like the senior bowl and scouts love what they see.

+ Reply to Thread