+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Draft Aj Mccaron thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We've gone 2-0 the last 2wks and there the first 2games ELI hasne't thrown picks. Its just crucial to have a QB whos accurate and makes smart decisons. McCarron is one of the smartest QB's in College, and just like Andy Dalton, can make it in this league..
    While I agree we should drafting a QB we shouldn't take McCarron. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted in the first two rounds. He has limited upside and at his absoluate best he is Alex Smith. If he does get drafted in the first two rounds he'll most likely be with 5-7th QB taken. Players with limited talent very rarely go in the first two rounds. Usually it will be a QB though.

Do you want a guy who's career potential is Alex Smith? no thanks. I dont even think he'll be better than Nassib.

Banned
    Do we need a QB? Am i on the Eagles board?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    Do we need a QB? Am i on the Eagles board?
    When you're starting QB has the same number of interceptions as the combined value of Matt Schaub and Christian ponder it leaves a lot to be desired.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Not saying he's not good but look how much time he has back there. Bama's OL is incredible and he has specimens like Kenyan Drake and TJ Yeldon in the backfield. Amari Cooper and Kenny Bell don't hurt either.

Imagine him playing with the Browns or the Jags. He's not going to be able to sit back and throw to wide open receivers like he's been afforded the luxury of in college. That's one of the biggest concerns I have about him.... Will he be able to make the tough anticipation throws at the next level and adjust cause I haven't seen him really have the pressure in his face to make those too often.
    Actually their O line is the worst it has been at any time over past 4 years. It's coming along but don't forget they drafted 3 OLine guys into the NFL. Bringing only two starters back that line had some growing pains to start year and Rey rushing numbers suffered. When you lose people like Barrett jones, chance Warmack and DJ Fluker your going to feel it
    Last edited by miked1958; 11-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    When you're starting QB has the same number of interceptions as the combined value of Matt Schaub and Christian ponder it leaves a lot to be desired.

One season? Relax, things will improve man, no need to waste an early pick on a QB who wont play right away. Eli has a few years left, just retool and regrouo

+ Reply to Thread