+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Aj Mccaron thread

might be a good guy to land on the chiefs and learn behind alex smith for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd be ok with McCarron actually.. Hes got a bit of size to em, is deadly accurate, isn't a total statue, albeit hes not fleet of foot, and hes a winner. I could see him win alot of games with smart, savy football, simialr to Andy Dalton, but maybe a tad less pick prone.
    He is a less athletic version of Dalton

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is a less athletic version of Dalton
    If you can win with Dalton, i see no reason you can't win with AJ McCarron. McCarron is a big taller and a bit more accurate also. And as you said, alittle less athletic though then Dalton. I like him better then i do Ryan Nassib.. I'd have no issue if the giants drafted AJ McCarron in RD2.

If you can win with Dalton, i see no reason you can't win with AJ McCarron. McCarron is a big taller and a bit more accurate also. And as you said, alittle less athletic though then Dalton. I like him better then i do Ryan Nassib.. I'd have no issue if the giants drafted AJ McCarron in RD2.
    Im not really sure u can win with Dalton. He is surrounded with a lot of talent if he cant get it done with that team you have to wonder if he will ever be able to win. I dont get using a 2nd round pick on a QB who almost guaranteed wont be better than Eli. If im taking a QB im not playing around im taking a high ceiling player
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-23-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Im not really sure u can win with Dalton. He is surrounded with a lot of talent if he cant get it done with that team you have to wonder if he will ever be able to win. I dont get using a 2nd round pick on a QB who almost guaranteed wont be better than Eli. If im taking a QB im not playing around im taking a high ceiling player
    Well said.

I think McCarron is better then ELI in some regard. First off, he dosen't give the defense multiple extra chances throughout a game, when any extra possesion can mean losing or winning. Hes not quite as statuesque as ELI is either. Sure, hes slow footed, but he moves a bit better then ELI. I think hes a smarter QB then ELI. I think hes more accurate then ELI is as well. Now, he dosen't have the deep ball that ELI has, nor does he have the arm strength of ELI, but he is better then ELI at a few things, i believe.

Banned
    I think McCarron is better then ELI in some regard. First off, he dosen't give the defense multiple extra chances throughout a game, when any extra possesion can mean losing or winning. Hes not quite as statuesque as ELI is either. Sure, hes slow footed, but he moves a bit better then ELI. I think hes a smarter QB then ELI. I think hes more accurate then ELI is as well. Now, he dosen't have the deep ball that ELI has, nor does he have the arm strength of ELI, but he is better then ELI at a few things, i believe.

how is an unproven college player better than a 2 time superbowl mvp QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    how is an unproven college player better than a 2 time superbowl mvp QB?
    I didn't say he was better. I said he was better in some aspects. It dosen't mean he won't lack in arm strength and being able to go downfield with enough zip on his balls to the degree of not even being able to make it in the pros. But his plus's, are hes deadly accurate and extremely smart with the football..

I didn't say he was better. I said he was better in some aspects. It dosen't mean he won't lack in arm strength and being able to go downfield with enough zip on his balls to the degree of not even being able to make it in the pros. But his plus's, are hes deadly accurate and extremely smart with the football..
    It's pathetic how you bash Eli over and over. He is a special player no matter how many picks he throws. He is a risk taker and in order to win championships you have to be willing to gamble. Sometimes it goes right and sometimes it doesn't. However, every season that we have Eli on the field is a season in which we have a chance to bring home the Lombardi. That is what matters. Not his limitations as an athlete or runner which ultimately gets qb hurt anyway. We need help at a lot of positions. Eli should be last on the list....

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    It's pathetic how you bash Eli over and over. He is a special player no matter how many picks he throws. He is a risk taker and in order to win championships you have to be willing to gamble. Sometimes it goes right and sometimes it doesn't. However, every season that we have Eli on the field is a season in which we have a chance to bring home the Lombardi. That is what matters. Not his limitations as an athlete or runner which ultimately gets qb hurt anyway. We need help at a lot of positions. Eli should be last on the list....
    ELI should be the last on the list? Hes gonna be 33yrs old next yr, and is on pace for 40plus picks..lol Its not bashing, its called not being sentimental about players and getting prepared for the future..

I'm bashing em, because i think QB should be in our thought process. Wow, i'm just a basher.(sarcasm)

+ Reply to Thread