+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    All-Pro
    There will be several quality QBs when we step up to pick.. Question is don't we want to take the best center or O lineman available with that pick?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't answer children. You learn to be respectful like the rest of us on these draft threads, and maybe i will. But people who say other peoples opinions are dumb and they have mancrushs on players just because they like a player, is immature. If you wanna talk football without little insults, then im all for it.

All i'm asking is how he looks better than a pro at anything and how can you make that assumption when he is going up against college players?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    When it comes to talking college football I think the majority on here know he isn't a clown, that would be you in this instance.

No actually you're the clown here pal

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post

Yea but can he act in a Toyota commercial?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

McCarron goes 19-27 275yrds 2td 0int in blowout win against Tennesee.. The kid can flat out play and is so smart with the ball.

McCarron goes 19-27 275yrds 2td 0int in blowout win against Tennesee.. The kid can flat out play and is so smart with the ball.
    Not saying he's not good but look how much time he has back there. Bama's OL is incredible and he has specimens like Kenyan Drake and TJ Yeldon in the backfield. Amari Cooper and Kenny Bell don't hurt either.

Imagine him playing with the Browns or the Jags. He's not going to be able to sit back and throw to wide open receivers like he's been afforded the luxury of in college. That's one of the biggest concerns I have about him.... Will he be able to make the tough anticipation throws at the next level and adjust cause I haven't seen him really have the pressure in his face to make those too often.
    Last edited by titwio; 10-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Not saying he's not good but look how much time he has back there. Bama's OL is incredible and he has specimens like Kenyan Blake and TJ Yeldon in the backfield. Amari Cooper and Kenny Bell don't hurt either.

Imagine him playing with the Browns or the Jags. He's not going to be able to sit back and throw to wide open receivers like he's been afforded the luxury of in college. That's one of the biggest concerns I have about him.... Will he be able to make the tough anticipation throws at the next level and adjust cause I haven't seen him really have the pressure in his face to make those too often.
    He might not be a fit for every team, but i think he fits our team just fine. Hes accurate, has enough size with room to add weight and strength to his arm, and makes very smart decisons with the football. If his arm strength gets a bit better, hes gonna be lethal!

I don't answer children. You learn to be respectful like the rest of us on these draft threads, and maybe i will. But people who say other peoples opinions are dumb and they have mancrushs on players just because they like a player, is immature. If you wanna talk football without little insults, then im all for it.
    You're so on point with this post...

I agree with McCarron being a good decision maker, you can start him the first game because of the experience... He does benefits from the best O-Line in the country... The Andy Dalton comparison is spot on, that would be a good fit for the Giants, but he's not worth the risk cause of Nassib & he doesn't have the potential of Mariotta or Bridgewater...

Quote Originally Posted by NYGhtmare View Post
    You're so on point with this post...

I agree with McCarron being a good decision maker, you can start him the first game because of the experience... He does benefits from the best O-Line in the country... The Andy Dalton comparison is spot on, that would be a good fit for the Giants, but he's not worth the risk cause of Nassib & he doesn't have the potential of Mariotta or Bridgewater...
    We've gone 2-0 the last 2wks and there the first 2games ELI hasne't thrown picks. Its just crucial to have a QB whos accurate and makes smart decisons. McCarron is one of the smartest QB's in College, and just like Andy Dalton, can make it in this league..

Eli Bridgewater types have more of a future upside but Id take AJ and Dalton types myself. Less of a bust factor. Aj McCarron controls a game at QB and rarely puts his defense in a position to not succeed. Yes his oline has been great but what would he have in the NFL. This kid has the moxy of a Tom Brady wont wow you in college but just gets what it is to be a Qb. Another guy I love is Mettenberg from LSU. He can flat sling the football and puts it where it needs to be.