+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you are an idiot.......no ifs ands or buts about it.
    Your negative diatribe is as wothless as any of your comments. You cry like a little spoiled brat.
    You suck as a fan.....GFYS
    He sucks as a person, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    Stake
    Not to mention it should be, "We were."

Banned
    I cant believe this thread is still going

I'd like too add, if roto thinks that the football we saw Monday night is comparable to steak and lobster, I want to stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from the restaurants he's been eating at.

well the thing is , at least it was a W. and maybe we get that confidence back , however i feel inside we just dont have the personal to pull it off this time. the core guys are 32 and older and the young guys arent rising up to a higher level fast like years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    well the thing is , at least it was a W. and maybe we get that confidence back , however i feel inside we just dont have the personal to pull it off this time. the core guys are 32 and older and the young guys arent rising up to a higher level fast like years past.
    The only thing im surprised about is how bad the offense has been. Even with how bad the line has been there have been enough plays to be made, they just dont make them.
    The defense it was pretty clear to me they were awful, than once JPP had surgery than Brown went down I knew they were FD.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The argument has validity with the exception of the last statement. We've won 2 SB in the last 7 years. You and many posters on this board have expected greatness out of a core of players that just simply are/were not great. The 2 SB wins leads to these expectations now, but the reality is we were not expected to win the SB either year. We have only had one year in the past 7 years that we were truly dominant (2008). In the salary cap era I think this is about as good as it gets.
    How is this as good as it gets?? Teams like the Patriots dominate year after year in the 'salary cap era'. If this is as good as it gets or the best we can expect from this organization that is a severe let down.

While I don't necessarily agree with the WAY the OP made his points, many of them are valid. We had two lucky SB runs, basically Eli channeled his inner Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, and caught lighting in a bottle. Of course I am ecstatic for two SBs, but lets not pretend they were a dominant organization either year. The last year this team was dominating was 1990 when they went 13-3. 2008 looked promising until a certain WR shot himself in the leg.

Playing down to the competition is something everyone knows they do, and while every team makes bad signings, it seems to happen more frequently with the Giants. Lets just admit that the OP is right and this organization has NOT been run THAT well for the last 20+ years.

They are definitely NOT the laughing stock of the NFL though..

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)
    I hope you get cancer *******.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The only thing im surprised about is how bad the offense has been. Even with how bad the line has been there have been enough plays to be made, they just dont make them.
    The defense it was pretty clear to me they were awful, than once JPP had surgery than Brown went down I knew they were FD.

do you everr say anything positive?