+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should we somewhere in the draft

Take a center.Baas sucks and Cordle is not that good either.Does anyone know of any good centers coming out this year?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Yes. There's multiple centers this year. I probably wouldn't take one until the fourth, so you're possibly looking at a guy like Bryan Stork.

No doubt and I would also try to find one in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Yes. There's multiple centers this year. I probably wouldn't take one until the fourth, so you're possibly looking at a guy like Bryan Stork.
    4th round for a position we need the most to protect the highest paid most improtant player on the team???

We need to draft OL the entire draft
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

Depending on the quality of the center, I would draft up to the 2nd round on one. I think for next years draft, you trade back and take the best guards and centers in the draft. "Go to town in the 2nd round".

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    4th round for a position we need the most to protect the highest paid most improtant player on the team???

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Between free agency ant the draft, we need 2 new guards and 2 centers (one who can play mtpl positions). Hopefully all of them are young with no history of injuries. Keep our starting tackles and add one. Make Booth compete for a backup position.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post

Common knee jerk. There are holes all over the team. The first three rounds are choc full of defensive talent. There are guards I'd take before some of the centers. They can still address the interior of the oline through free agency which will be relatively cheaper than signing a veteran CB or DE.

Baas still has another year left on his expensive contract. Maybe we can reach an injury settlement with him and possibly release him.. If that doesn't happen I don't see us spending money on another FA center.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Giants can't really release him on an injury settlement this year as it would accelerate his bonuses to which we only have 300k in free cap. He can be cut in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Giants can't really release him on an injury settlement this year as it would accelerate his bonuses to which we only have 300k in free cap. He can be cut in the offseason.
    How much would that go against the cap if we just cut him outright?

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."