+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vontaze Burfict

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post
    Who's still upset that Reese did not draft or even sign that man? He's still a tackle monster that improves the defense, imagine him and Jon Beason together! Why Reese?! WHY?!

Sorry, been watching some of his games the last two years and it still ticks me off we didn't sign him.
    Ive made plenty of posts on this but I do not blame the Giants for wanting no part of him

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post
    This is true, if he stays healthy, but I remember seeing Burfict play for two years back when he was in college and thinking, "If the Giants draft this guy, they'll have one hell of a LB." The fact he dropped so far because of his personal issues and that we didn't pick him up makes me mad. The guy maybe crazy, but that's what makes a great LB, just look at LT being coked up all the time lol, but he was crazy as well.
    He didnt just drop because f personal issues. His tape his Junior year was a joke. He ignored his coaches. He would freelance leaving his responsibility uncovered allowing his defense to be gashed. Played with zero level of respect for his teammates. Got his coach fired. Showed up at the combine out of shape ran a 5.09, didnt compete in other events.. He interviewed horribly taking zero responsibility for himself blaming everyone else and he failed a drug test for marijuana at the combine.

Im sorry but if I was a GM I would not want any part of him either.

Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis publicly stated they didn't even want him when Mike Brown signed him and brought him to camp.

He went undrafted so every other team made the same mistake 7 times over. His background issues and poor combine numbers really ruined his stock. He was hyped up coming out of college but everything fell apart from there. Glad to see he's succeeding now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He didnt just drop because f personal issues. His tape his Junior year was a joke. He ignored his coaches. He would freelance leaving his responsibility uncovered allowing his defense to be gashed. Played with zero level of respect for his teammates. Got his coach fired. Showed up at the combine out of shape ran a 5.09, didnt compete in other events.. He interviewed horribly taking zero responsibility for himself blaming everyone else and he failed a drug test for marijuana at the combine.

Im sorry but if I was a GM I would not want any part of him either.
    Exactly.

Also keep in mind that he departed with a year left of eligibility, but ASU told him he wasn't welcome to come back for his senior year.

When have you ever seen that?

Furthermore, just because he is playing well right now doesn't mean he would be a good pick for us. This kid in Cinci is very different from this kid in NYC with the nightlife and a microphone in your face every 10 seconds.

The Giant are forced by the circumstances of being in NYC to at least try to select prospects who have self control and discipline, otherwise the media here will find a way to set that player off.