+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Easy E Versus Matti- Ice

15 TDs in the 4th quarter. Eli makes it look Easy.

Re: Easy E Versus Matti- Ice

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football. Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.

Starter

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football. Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
    [/quote] http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RyanMa00

Not a bad resume for a 4th year qb. Having said that, I wish him nothing but the worst on Sunday.

It's the most ridiculous name I've heard. Even more ridiculous was hearing Francesa referring to him as that on his show. I mean, is he told by the network to be sure to use the Falcons' QB's ktichy nickname so he sounds cool and stuff? IMO, Matt Ryan isn't even that popular to garner any kind of nickname

Please, everyone in the media - just stop calling him that

Bench Player

thats cuz he get cold during the playoffs....wow 1st post after years of lurking

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football.* Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
    [/quote]
    He is going to be MELTING ICE when our DLine gets through with him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football.* Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
    [/quote]i think these nicknames are all stupid...if you just want to call him EM or MR, whatever, but the cartoon names are just stupid

glad to see that pretty much everyone is in agreement on this nickname. Let the guy win something before they decide how good he is. I felt like the media decided that he and Flacco were going to be good right out of the draft and until either guy gives them a reason not to (which Flacco has done) they will continue heaping praise on him.

As for Francesa using the nickname he was even worse, he was calling him MATT ICE. Like the guys actual last name is "Ice". lol

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football. Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
    [/quote]

It's a spin off of Natty Ice, the beer

Flacco's one guy I WISH they'd give a nickname too. Everytime I hear his name I think of a cross between 'flaccid' and 'flatulance'

Or maybe that's just me channeling my innter 12 year old