+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who do you like?

I was looking at the Prospect Rankings to see who I'd want us to draft in the first, and this kid Luke Kuechly caught my eye. DraftScout calls him a "James Laurinaitis-like leader of a defense," which I think would be kinda cool thing to have on the roster if he fell to us.

I know next to nothing about College football, but who do those of you in know like?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/TSX/2012

Bench Player

Re: Who do you like?

I really like Vontaze Burfict, the linebacker from Arizona State. I think we would be filling a big hole we've been missing this year. Plus he probably has the most bad *** name in the draft soo....

I would love him to be a Giant but Carolina,Arizona,Dallas and Philly all have the same need for a MLBer and its almost impossible that all 4 would pass on him.

Veteran

Luke Kuechly is great. He's probably the best football playing linebacker in the draft. I have my doubts as to whether or not he'll be the first drafted though. Zach Brown has WAY better measureables, and due to the number of 34 teams, I could certainly see Courtney Upshaw, Jarvis Jones (I think he'll be drafted as a 34 rush lb), and Dont'a Hightower all drafted before Kuechly... which works for me.

And, if we're drafting based on names: Give me Whitney Mercilus (pronounced "Merciless", as is without mercy), DE Illinois (who led the nation in TFL, Sacks, and FF, IIRC) in the 1st, and Tyler Effirt (pronounced "Effort"), TE Notre Dame, in the 2nd.

man i relly like bontiface from AZ

i'm big on Vontaze also. This post is new so i know its about to get flooded with people trashing him. He is a boom or bust type of player however this isnt some horrible player with no football IQ. He definatly a pro level feel to his game.The "bust" part i feel is more character concerns, not playing ability, and with that said i think our coach and veterans can curb that. These arent off field concerns, he is agressive on the field....which leads to flags. Now some of these are just bonehead mistakes (after the play headbuts), others are leading with his helmet and some are very "iffy" because he is a violent hitter. NCAA is on him similar to Harrison on the steelers. He IS being targeted for flags, however this is partly his fault due to some of his early blatant helmet hits. Once again i personally dont see him as dirty just very agressive and competitive. Obvioulsy he needs to curb this but coughlin will be all over his a** for personal fouls. I just think his talent is too hard to pass upm and maybe its time to take a gamble on a 1st round LB (the late rounders havent been working out). I also think he would be perfect as a mlb in a tampa 2, which we run. Last season we saw his production drop off but it was visably clear he was holding back as to not get penalized. What he needs is to find that balance between agressive play and not getting flagged....which i believe he can be coached to do.

**i do think if Luke is somehow still on the board we grab him but dont see that being a realistic possibility

Trade up for the best pass rusher in the draft, Quinton Coples. Let him play behind Tuck for 1-2 years just like JPP did then when he develops into a monster we'll have the best DE combo in NFL history. [6]

Veteran

[quote user="Danny1024"]Trade up for the best pass rusher in the draft, Quinton Coples. Let him play behind Tuck for 1-2 years just like JPP did then when he develops into a monster we'll have the best DE combo in NFL history. [6]
    [/quote]

You must not have seen UNC's bowl game. Coples was pathetic.
    *whistle*
    *stands up and watches the play*

It was like watching the probowl

I really hope the BPA is a LB or OL....we tend to not care about needs and just go for the BPA
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="egyptian420"]I really hope the BPA is a LB or OL....we tend to not care about needs and just go for the BPA
    [/quote]

I've read some mocks having us take Cordy Glen, G, Georgia. Wouldn't be a splash pick, but may be where need and value meet. Seems out of character for Reese to take an interior lineman this high, but you never know.