+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

This is not 2007!

I just saw another comparison to the 2007 team during the halftime of the cotton bowl. It is being way overplayed.

Even though the 2007 team was erratic at times, after the first two weeks the defense was pretty solid. I don't put much stock in this 2011 D. It's just as likely to give up 40 then it is to give up 20.

I think they should win this Sunday, but if I had to bet on the game I'd be really nervous about which defense showed up.

I've heard this comparison to the 2007 team entirely too much from the media, Fox and worst of all the Giant players. I hope they dont come into this game thinking this run is going to be easy, because it's so similar to 2007, if they do they are cleaning out their lockers on Monday.

Coughlin said it best, "shut up and play"

Don't expect this off season to mirror 2007, this one is going to be a much harder run, if we're going to make it

Bench Player

Re: This is not 2007!

not for nothing... It can get much harder than @DAL, @GB, and 18-0 Patriots

All-Pro

No, but there are a lot of similarities. That year they where beat pretty badly by some of the best teams in the NFL and they lost some games they should have won. Sound familiar?

If the DL is healthy and can play the way they have been the last 2 games their secondary and LB's just got a lot better. Also, Eli is a lot better now than he was in 2007 so lets see what happens.

Veteran

[quote user="NjErzeY88"]not for nothing... It can get much harder than @DAL, @GB, and 18-0 Patriots[/quote]

I think you're wrong here. I think Atlanta is tougher then Tampa was in 2007 and, @Dal and @ GB is nothing like it would be this year, likely @ a better GB and then @ NO, much harder!

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]No, but there are a lot of similarities. That year they where beat pretty badly by some of the best teams in the NFL and they lost some games they should have won. Sound familiar?

If the DL is healthy and can play the way they have been the last 2 games their secondary and LB's just got a lot better. Also, Eli is a lot better now than he was in 2007 so lets see what happens.[/quote]

Eli is a lot better then he was in 2007, in 2007 he was holding us back until the end of the season. In 2011 it's been the defense. Lets not forget GB driving the field with 58 secs left when we needed a stop, the eagle game letting Vince Young drive the field for 8 minutes, the NO game, Dallas would have beat us in 1st game if Austin "didn't lose it in the lights"

I see the similarites, I really do and I want nothing more then to make a similar run this year, but this is not that team and it's not the same situation despite appearences.

They need to show up and not make mistakes

All-Pro

So then I guess we don't even need to watch.

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]So then I guess we don't even need to watch.[/quote]

I'm gonna watch, I don't care if you do or not.

All-Pro

All-Pro

Seriously, I get it. It is getting a little out of hand with all the comparisons and no, I don't feel it is the same. However, I can't stop hoping that it is 2007 all over again.

The OL is not as good as 2007, but the WR's and QB are much better.

IF the DL can stay healthy and apply tons of pressure the defense can be much better than they have been most of the year.

All-Pro

Let's beat the falcons first. We have not even won a playoff game yet. The 07 team won 4.lets cool it with all the comparisons until there is a reason to compare them. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***